Was Level Scaling Patched into PL1?

#11mooninomicsPosted 12/27/2012 9:27:13 PM
Some areas in PT1 increase in level little by little every now and then. I'm pretty sure they always have, or at the very least they have since early October for sure. It stops at level 30-31, though. I'm not sure what causes the level increases, but it's either your level, or your progress in the story.

What story mission are you on?
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#12LazarusNecrosisPosted 12/27/2012 9:46:04 PM
mooninomics posted...
Some areas in PT1 increase in level little by little every now and then. I'm pretty sure they always have, or at the very least they have since early October for sure. It stops at level 30-31, though. I'm not sure what causes the level increases, but it's either your level, or your progress in the story.

When the story has you return to an area the level will rise. Possibly even if a side quest sends you to an area again. I know that the Dust leveled on me once. Maybe even twice. I also know that some of the early Three Horns areas bumped up. They never jumped all the way to my level, just a level or two above the quest that had me returning. It's intentional. Imagine how boring The Dust would be when you return in your 20's and all the doods are still at 12.
---
XBL GT: LazarusNecrosis
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors. --Gaiden Shinji 1E 490
#13mooninomicsPosted 12/27/2012 11:57:48 PM
LazarusNecrosis posted...
mooninomics posted...

When the story has you return to an area the level will rise. Possibly even if a side quest sends you to an area again. I know that the Dust leveled on me once. Maybe even twice. I also know that some of the early Three Horns areas bumped up. They never jumped all the way to my level, just a level or two above the quest that had me returning. It's intentional. Imagine how boring The Dust would be when you return in your 20's and all the doods are still at 12.

I absolutely get that it's intentional, I'm just iffy on what causes it. I'm not sure about the areas leveling when you're sent back due to quests. Areas do level, but I don't know if it has anything to do with being sent back there for something. My first time through PT1, I did each sidequest and areas like The Dust, Lynchwood and some others leveled in stages, eventually hitting 30. Awesome.

However, when I started another character and made my way through PT1 with them, I didn't do any sidequests. I didn't even pick any of them up. I didn't do anything but story missions and grinding enemies, and the areas still leveled up. Hell, I remember doing rounds of Lynchwood until I leveled, doing more rounds and leveling again, then doing a few more rounds and leveling again and again and again, then eventually reloading to find that everything bumped up a few levels, eventually stopping at 30, even if I kept progressing.

Come to think of it, it probably is your level that triggers it. I might test it out the next time I'm playing. I'll take my newest character to one of the areas that does shift in level, avoid all quests and simply grind out levels, then return after each level and see if and when a shift occurs. Hmm... Sounds like fun.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz