Flesh-Sticking?

#1KingofAtrophyPosted 12/27/2012 7:04:18 PM
First of all, I'm gonna ignore any of the internet white knights that come in here telling it's morally wrong blah blah.

If you unpatch the game you can still Fleshstick, but what I don't get is, why? 1.4k exp per kill? That seems extremely low, especially at higher levels. How is this the most efficient leveling tactic? Am I missing something?

Thanks
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Skyrim, World of Warcraft
GT: Franco F Crazy
#2youngunner2123Posted 12/27/2012 7:07:28 PM
1.4???

No it was 6775k or so
#3KingofAtrophy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 7:11:34 PM
Maybe I was in the wrong mode. Even the youtube guide was showing a relatively meager amount of exp.

Do I have to have a level 50 do it for me?
---
#4youngunner2123Posted 12/27/2012 7:19:50 PM
Sure but w out patch I don't see how somebody can do it

No patch no online
#5Eternal KPosted 12/27/2012 7:21:50 PM
The idea was to have a lower level character join a level 50 character who had activated playthrough 2.5 so that all the enemies (including Fleshstick) were scaled to level 50. Then, the lower level character would repeatedly accept the quest from Tina while the level 50 character killed Fleshstick, thereby repeatedly giving the experience points for killing a level 50 enemy to a character who was nowhere near level 50.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#6TsurukePosted 12/27/2012 7:30:41 PM
Ah this reminds me of the days Bethesda patched Oblivion where you could not get 100%+ Chameleon on your equipment -- could not enchant Chameleon on your stuff anymore either. There were people that uninstalled the patch and complained that they lost their awesome weapons and armor from the DLC... No....really?

Unless Gearbox made a way to be able to keep DLC weapons but not use them unless you have the DLC (like I assume so, judging from pre-release DLC weapon pictures stating "Requires 'This DLC' " -- I don't see why people would uninstall the patches (ALL patches for ALL games for that matter)
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#7KingofAtrophy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 7:33:29 PM
youngunner2123 posted...
Sure but w out patch I don't see how somebody can do it

No patch no online

Split screen. I mean you could still do it just fne solo if you ran back and forth
---
#8LeTHaL_PiRaTePosted 12/27/2012 8:01:25 PM
Flesh Stick got patched?
---
GT: LeTHaL PiRaTe
Futa - You're gonna like what you see
#9killbot357Posted 12/27/2012 8:02:01 PM
It's not morally wrong to be a power leveling scrub dude
---
Currently playing: Cave Story 3D, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#10Mysticman89Posted 12/27/2012 9:20:55 PM
Sitting in a game while a level 50 farms a boss (with OP weaponry in particular so that the boss scaling due to multiplayer isn't an issue) strikes me as plenty fast, and many level 50's may even enjoy having the scaling for potentially better/more loot.

I never actually found that leveling was particularly slow/difficult in the actual game either, so rendering yourself susceptible to the badass rank reset by un-patching really seems unworthwhile.