Least Favorite Character?

#1StormWolf12Posted 12/27/2012 10:02:00 PM(edited)
Who is your least favorite playable character? - Results (288 votes)
Axton
11.46% (33 votes)
Gaige
6.94% (20 votes)
Maya
13.89% (40 votes)
Salvador
31.25% (90 votes)
Zero
36.46% (105 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For me, it's definitely Gaige. I dislike Deathtrap, a lot. I hate all the glitches associated with her, and I'm very disappointed they included an easy mode between upshot robot and sharing is caring. It truly is a skill tree made for girlfriends, and is the most boring skill tree to play. That being said, I still enjoy a good LBT/Anarchy build with her.
#2mooninomicsPosted 12/27/2012 10:23:55 PM
It's Zer0 for me. He's just not my kind of character. His trees don't interest me, I don't particularly enjoy his backstory, and I don't find him aesthetically enjoyable.

He's useful, don't misunderstand me. He's very effective. He's just not my mug of beer.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#3Flow_149Posted 12/27/2012 10:27:18 PM(edited)
Zer0, after getting to level 14 he feels extremely fragile and his action skill isn't fun. Most of it is just popping it an either running away hoping not to get hit with bullets or popping it and again hoping that the enemy doesn't move out of the way. It just seems way too luck dependent and unreliable. Which was unfortunate because I was a huge Mordecai and Lilith user (and brick!) in the first game so I'm really disappointed with him.
EDIT: Also his quotes tick me off.
#4StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 10:29:51 PM
You should wait longer than level 14 before forming that opinion lol.
#5Flow_149Posted 12/27/2012 10:33:44 PM
StormWolf12 posted...

I really should. lol.
but ugh his base mechnics don't fit my style of play and I really don't want to keep using him.
#6StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 10:53:07 PM
Flow_149 posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

I really should. lol.
but ugh his base mechnics don't fit my style of play and I really don't want to keep using him.

His sniping skill tree is very, very weak. However, at higher levels Cunning and Bloodshed offer a good time. I would rank him as the most difficult character to level up, though.
#7AngryOldFeralPosted 12/28/2012 12:06:47 AM
I'd say Zer0.

While Bloodshed/Cunning can let you do some really, really fun stuff later on... his sniping tree suffers. This really isn't by any fault of his own, either: Basically, the gameplay mechanics work entirely against the concept of being able to play some awesome long-range death dealer. Enemies will usually spawn only after you've gotten in-range to trigger them. On top of that, there is no stealth mechanics in the game... so anyone looking for that joy of silently taking apart an entire pack of enemies undetected from 300 meters away will be left disappointed. The moment you squeeze the trigger, all enemies know where you are and begin their mindless bull-charge towards you.

Also, I hated how simple the melee is for him. In every trailer and cut-scene you see of Zer0, he's doing some sort of awesome slow-motion martial arts swordplay... but in-game you're still hitting the same button over and over, doing the same attacks over and over... it's kinda boring. The only thing different is that one skill that lets you dash forward (sometimes doing it near a ledge allowing you to air-dash in for a melee kill) to take out enemies with a bit more flair. Playing an effective melee Zer0 isn't impaling a guy, flipping over him and kicking his friend into your blade or anything else interesting... it's just you throwing out your hologram (that ironically does know cool sword tricks) and running around smacking people with a Law revolver or Rapier AR... rinse and repeat, forever.

He's an extremely cool character idea offset only by Gearbox not taking the time to expand the gameplay mechanics needed to capitalize on the concepts he presented.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#8StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 12:08:28 AM
The law is completely useless. More like Rapier or Rubi.
#9devries41Posted 12/28/2012 12:18:47 AM
i like how the boss killer is the 2nd least fav, man Sal is the most badass jacked as hell midget going into a rage whats wrong with this world lol
#10spidey_fanPosted 12/28/2012 12:35:41 AM
AngryOldFeral posted...
I'd say Zer0.

Also, I hated how simple the melee is for him. In every trailer and cut-scene you see of Zer0, he's doing some sort of awesome slow-motion martial arts swordplay... but in-game you're still hitting the same button over and over, doing the same attacks over and over... it's kinda boring. The only thing different is that one skill that lets you dash forward (sometimes doing it near a ledge allowing you to air-dash in for a melee kill) to take out enemies with a bit more flair. Playing an effective melee Zer0 isn't impaling a guy, flipping over him and kicking his friend into your blade or anything else interesting... it's just you throwing out your hologram (that ironically does know cool sword tricks) and running around smacking people with a Law revolver or Rapier AR... rinse and repeat, forever.

He's an extremely cool character idea offset only by Gearbox not taking the time to expand the gameplay mechanics needed to capitalize on the concepts he presented.

Can't be anymore true. I still play as a Bloodshed/Sniper hybrid though, and I find sniping from afar is more viable because most of enemy gunfire will miss you.

For melee attacking to even reach a reliable level of damage (and aesthetically, I'd prefer a cool sword rather than a tiny blade on a revolver), I have to run around naked in Decepti0n with the Thumper though... Order doesn't stay depleted long enough for the time you're not getting hit in Decepti0n.
---
With great power comes great responsibility. Too bad I am 100% powerless, and there's nothing I can do about it.