Is this an open world? and do u have random encounters like RDR?

#11drake_skullPosted 12/29/2012 1:34:42 PM
Yes. Also after completing the main story True Vault Hunter Mode opens up. It allows you to replay the story at a higher dificulty(stronger enemies and a few new types) to get to max level, once you complete TVHM everything scales to your level. You can save side quests in TVHM and get the max level rewards.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#12diablogamerPosted 12/29/2012 1:37:08 PM
Why would you compare this to RDR ? Anyway no they are not in any way similar. I think the best thing you can do is check out some gameplay vids of this on youtube just know that this game is horrible to play by yourself and the online community is like 90% hackers modders and dupers.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#13burdi1ar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 1:44:16 PM
ok so it opens up a new game +. can u just roam around after the story or are u forced into new game + immediately?
---
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert
#14drake_skullPosted 12/29/2012 1:47:17 PM(edited)
You can roam around and you can switch between TVHM and Normal mode at the main menu(by hitting Y and reselecting your character). Any equipment is carried over when you switch(and levels and everything else).
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#15burdi1ar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 1:51:20 PM
ok thanks.
---
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert
#16TheHunger82Posted 12/29/2012 1:59:21 PM
burdi1ar posted...
ok thanks.

Yeah, thanks Drake for actually answering TC's questions.
---
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
GamerTag : TheHunger82
#17KANB1EPosted 12/29/2012 2:31:59 PM
Lol The Room no way. RDR was a fantastic game, no, it still is a fantastic game
#18OctotronPosted 12/29/2012 2:36:13 PM
You can't compare a story-heavy action 3rd-person western with a sci-fi FPS that focuses on loot. END OF.
#19SpaceAssassinPosted 12/29/2012 2:50:14 PM
Eww RDR, wasn't my cup of tea, got too boring and monotonous for me.

I even sold it and bought it again to give it another chance....went right back to the dump.
This is my opinion of the game obviously.
---
If you're not somewhat competitive in a game and don't care if you do poorly, you're probably not competitive in life. That probably means you're a hobo -banana
#20PensatoPosted 12/29/2012 3:18:49 PM(edited)
BL2 isn't open world.

BL2 is a FPS looter, the point of end game is to find loot. Just like any other looter.

There are no random encounters. There are random spawns but that's not a true encounter.

You can play through the game after you finish PT1 and PT2. However if you're loot farming it's best to be on PT2.5 since everything scales to your level.