Handsome Jack from BL2 is obviously a Republican

#11killbot357Posted 12/29/2012 10:19:23 PM(edited)
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
And it kills me to see Obama and democrats (in my opinion) running the country I love into the ground.

I'm curious as to how you think Obama and democrats are running the country into the ground, given republicans control the House and will filibuster nearly every piece of legislation in the senate, which effectively means republicans currently dictate all policy that is signed into law.

On-topic: Jack is clearly a fascist, not a republican.
---
Currently playing: Cave Story 3D, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#12DMBHovDogPosted 12/29/2012 10:18:52 PM
Tea-bagger much?
#13IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 12/29/2012 10:28:21 PM
Democrats control the senate. Republicans control the house. To make a law a law it's gotta pass both. Next to NOTHING will pass like this. Each legislative body will deny the other. And that's both sides fault. We need more compromise. No one is as mad as me at both republicans and democrats alike for this lack if cooperation. What I meant is that in the past four Obama years we have added more to the nat'l debt than all other presidents combined. Democrats have consistently voted for bailouts, cash for clunkers, saving private businesses, and green energy. In these days we live in, to me, this is all money down the drain. There is no such thing as "too big to fail". That's not the America I know. You try and if you run your business poorly, oh well. Your fault, as it was in the auto industry's case. And as good for the world as green energy would be, it's wholly unrealistic at this point in human history. There is a reason upwards of a third of all gov't subsidized green companies are either in bankruptcy or just plain out of business. I could discuss this stuff all day. I'm incredibly respectful of others views, I just have strong ones if my own. If you disagree that's totally cool. Doesn't mean we can't be friends. It just means we see the world a little differently.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#14IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 12/29/2012 10:30:02 PM
And yes in the sense of the word, Jack is pretty much a fascist.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#15MegatonMaynardPosted 12/29/2012 10:46:18 PM
RPGman2112 posted...
Republicans want less government power. Not exactly Jack's goal here. If you are making a reference to using natural resources, then you could have an argument. Its a stretch though

What reality do you live in? Republicans want the government to tell you who you can marry, who you can have sex with, what religion you can belong to, what you can do with your reproductive system, and keep you in the poorhouse the entire time. THAT is nothing BUT government control.
#16killbot357Posted 12/29/2012 10:56:09 PM
MegatonMaynard posted...
RPGman2112 posted...
Republicans want less government power. Not exactly Jack's goal here. If you are making a reference to using natural resources, then you could have an argument. Its a stretch though

What reality do you live in? Republicans want the government to tell you who you can marry, who you can have sex with, what religion you can belong to, what you can do with your reproductive system, and keep you in the poorhouse the entire time. THAT is nothing BUT government control.

He's living in the reality where republicans still stand for small government that doesn't intrude into the private lives of citizens. That kind of republican legislator died out in the 1950s or so.
---
Currently playing: Cave Story 3D, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#17Aceofblades2k2Posted 12/29/2012 11:31:49 PM
LOL. Do you honestly believe that Republicans try to meddle in the lives of citizens more than Democrats?

Half the reason that democrats are so heavily invested in pro-life, gay marriage, gun control or any other controversial topic is so that they can tax the hell out of it to pay for their irresponsible and incomprehensible spending habits. Case in point - the green energy complaint.

I'm in the technology recruting business, and I have a friend who works at Fisker automotive. Take a look at Fisker. The government flushed good hardworking American's money down the drain to fund a failing company that makes great cars but has a terrible business model. Many people are leaving Fisker, and its only kept on life support because of government funds.

That is not how America is supposed to be run. If a banking establishment fails, if a car company fails... you let them die. In all honesty, Amerca's only worthwhile export to the world is technology and military. Why I should have to pay for a company's failures backed by my government's uninspired pipe dreams is beyond me. Don't get me started on other funded idiotic ideas, but that one cost the American people over 90 billion dollars, and contributed to an evergrowing debt that makes us immensely indebted to China.

Yes, democrats believe in more government, more spending, more programs and as much as this President doesn't admit it, a huge military expenditure. The proof? Our National debt.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#18F_GalikanokusPosted 12/30/2012 12:27:04 AM
Aceofblades2k2 posted...
LOL. Do you honestly believe that Republicans try to meddle in the lives of citizens more than Democrats?

Half the reason that democrats are so heavily invested in pro-life, gay marriage, gun control or any other controversial topic is so that they can tax the hell out of it to pay for their irresponsible and incomprehensible spending habits. Case in point - the green energy complaint.

I'm in the technology recruting business, and I have a friend who works at Fisker automotive. Take a look at Fisker. The government flushed good hardworking American's money down the drain to fund a failing company that makes great cars but has a terrible business model. Many people are leaving Fisker, and its only kept on life support because of government funds.

That is not how America is supposed to be run. If a banking establishment fails, if a car company fails... you let them die. In all honesty, Amerca's only worthwhile export to the world is technology and military. Why I should have to pay for a company's failures backed by my government's uninspired pipe dreams is beyond me. Don't get me started on other funded idiotic ideas, but that one cost the American people over 90 billion dollars, and contributed to an evergrowing debt that makes us immensely indebted to China.

Yes, democrats believe in more government, more spending, more programs and as much as this President doesn't admit it, a huge military expenditure. The proof? Our National debt.

Fisker? I hardly know her
---
"Okay, I'm sorry, Candy. I guess were not in America. I guess now, I'm not allowed to pay for sex with pennies."
#19LTJpunkPosted 12/30/2012 2:03:49 AM
killbot357 posted...
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
And it kills me to see Obama and democrats (in my opinion) running the country I love into the ground.

I'm curious as to how you think Obama and democrats are running the country into the ground, given republicans control the House and will filibuster nearly every piece of legislation in the senate, which effectively means republicans currently dictate all policy that is signed into law.

On-topic: Jack is clearly a fascist, not a republican.

Democrats control the Presidency, the Senate, and the Supreme Court. And somehow it's the Republicans who only have the House dictate all policy? Wise up.
---
Feed Davey Richards to the Ryback!
#20LazHarshawPosted 12/30/2012 8:43:16 AM
And this is why I don't vote.