Should I just level Goliaths every time I see them?

#1FutureShockUKPosted 12/29/2012 4:19:11 PM
Seriously, I've only just got this, loving it so far, but my guns have been...sub par to say the least. Anyway, I encountered a Goliath, and read you could level them, so I got one up to "Fatal Godliath", and killed it (eventually!), and holy crap, it dropped amazing loot! I got an explosive shotgun & a revolver that blow anything I got out of the water!

So as I continue on, should I bother leveling any others I find for sweet loot (and hilarious one liners), or should I just murder them and move on?
---
The Leader of the Selfish Generation & Pope of the Church of Royal Shotelness.
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#2drake_skullPosted 12/29/2012 4:23:18 PM
Yes, always level them up. They give great XP rewards(I think they add double the xp value of the enemies they kill to their final xp value). As long as you dont end up with one that you cant handle. Be aware, there are also Loot Golaith that have a Red Chest strapped to their back, if you get them all the way up I have heard the chests can be amazing. I did however end up having to have a friend hop in my game when I got a level 46 Godliath at level 41(me having sub par equipment).
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#3capnovanPosted 12/29/2012 4:30:08 PM
I do, simply because I find their lines to be entertaining. "GET ON YOUR GODDAMN KNEES!"
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#4FutureShockUK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 5:24:44 PM
capnovan posted...
I do, simply because I find their lines to be entertaining. "GET ON YOUR GODDAMN KNEES!"

Haha, I had one go "Mistake...." when I shot it's helmet off, then transform and scream "BIG GODDAMN MISTAKE!", was laughing my head off. Then he took out two BA Psycho's!

But yeah, thanks for the advice on the loot one. I'll have to keep a lookout for 'em!
---
The Leader of the Selfish Generation & Pope of the Church of Royal Shotelness.
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#5SlazerPosted 12/29/2012 5:33:52 PM
Hells yea you should, Not only do you get better loot and more experience , It's pretty entertaining. "YOU BETTER GOD DAMN SCREAM FOR ME!". "EVER BEEN STRANGLED WITH YOUR OWN INTESTINE!??"

You should let the little badass bug pods develop too.
---
see quote for sig
#6Laylow12Posted 12/29/2012 6:56:09 PM
Slazer posted...
Hells yea you should, Not only do you get better loot and more experience , It's pretty entertaining. "YOU BETTER GOD DAMN SCREAM FOR ME!". "EVER BEEN STRANGLED WITH YOUR OWN INTESTINE!??"

You should let the little badass bug pods develop too.

SPOILERS BELOW

I did that Hammerlock Quest where you Inject the adult larva pods and turn them into Badass Bugs on TVHM. The quest calls for four injected pods and I swear the game had four of them directly together in my face. Well, as you can imagine that got very unmanageable in short order killing me instantly. It took several deaths for me to clean up the mess I made, but it insanely fun!
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#7LuminousSparkPosted 12/29/2012 9:07:11 PM
Yeah go ahead and level them up. I got one of the Ultimates drop me a legendary.
#8Mysticman89Posted 12/29/2012 9:11:46 PM
It's worth it to level goliaths since they just mop up everything and condense it into one super monster, which I find much more manageable, plus you get more xp and better loot.

Varkids on the other hand get pretty crazy if you let them level up a bunch. If you're actively farming for vermin or drops from ultimates or something sure, but if you're just passing through, you're perhaps better of to just pop the pods.