Why is Hyperion the bad guy?

#31SunshineladyPosted 1/1/2013 2:03:51 PM
What I've learned from this topic is... right before our very eyes, a still very young generation (the people who got the joke), experiencing everything in light speed in the internet age, for the very first time has felt what it feels like to be old because even younger kids in here don't get an internet meme that is only 5 years old.
---
You don't know how they lost a heart? It was probably Tartaros. That heart breaker.
#32PathagreusPosted 1/1/2013 2:07:01 PM
Because all of your base are belong to him.
---
Signed.
#33TsurukePosted 1/1/2013 2:10:38 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
From: Chronic_Apathy | Posted: 1/1/2013 3:45:58 PM | #029
Since nobody else has brought this up, who the **** capitalizes every word?

I was reading and couldn't believe he had an issue with the spoilers but didn't mention the capitals. Good lord that was annoying to read.

Granted it was quite tedious to read, but it was not my intention to be a Grammar Police since that wasn't breaking any rules and what not -- besides I did not want to lower myself to said user's level of flaming (judging by that the user would think I would have flamed them for pointing that out by the simple spoiler tag correction I made)
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#34pookiejinPosted 1/1/2013 2:13:31 PM
*Spoilers*

The way i saw it, Jack was a Corporate leader that was taking initiative to clear out a hostile planet and make it a liveable one. All the while he was taking the hostile indigenous species and finding ways to make them usable in some way. I felt that as the Vault hunter i was actually somewhat villianous to him because of my own petty greed getting in the way of his "Big Picture" plans.

Granted it turns out that he was a meglomaniacal psychopath with delusions of universal domination, so i felt less bad in the end. But the thought still lingers. Could Pandora have been better if i hadnt killed him?
#35captain_tylorPosted 1/1/2013 7:24:56 PM
Game started with Jack attempting killing YOU, and then continued to doing it thorough the game.

Oh, and he is also evil sadistic bastard, but so are most of Pandora.
#36AmareusPosted 1/1/2013 8:09:01 PM
Sunshinelady posted...
What I've learned from this topic is... right before our very eyes, a still very young generation (the people who got the joke), experiencing everything in light speed in the internet age, for the very first time has felt what it feels like to be old because even younger kids in here don't get an internet meme that is only 5 years old.

It's five years old already? My, how time flies...
---
"Every gen past *gen i stopped playing in* are unoriginal and terrible" -kirbymuncher
#37staycool7989Posted 1/1/2013 8:31:20 PM
You know who's a cool guy? Halo...
---
Team Awesome's official pretty boy master of rage and underage (Don't worry, it'll be fine...)
Xbox LIVE GT: ixiChuck Norris
#38Max58201Posted 1/1/2013 8:38:36 PM
the stupidity in this topic is high even by gamefaqs standards
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#39CalypsoPSOPosted 1/1/2013 9:44:00 PM
It's ok bro, not everyone here has seen the glory that is /v/. I feel like everyone in this thread just felt a big draft of air over their head.
---
Xbox360 Gamertag : Fail Shade
#40StormWolf12Posted 1/1/2013 10:17:45 PM
STRAKAZulu posted...
Windyligth posted...
Seriously.

He clears Pandora of bandits and doesn't afraid of anything.

And this is why I fear for the future....
Doesn't anyone pay attention in school anymore?

On topic: He isn't a "brave hero, cleaning up a lawless planet." He's a lying, cowardly murderer, almost on par with the bandits he's supposedly rescuing people from.
You haven't actually lstened to his rants and messages, have you?
Or have you completely ignored the Wildlife Exploitation Reserve, as well?

Lol, you got trolled.