To Infinity and Beyond

#1ImThatGoodPosted 12/31/2012 10:37:44 AM
Welp. Infinity Farming. It sucks so much. I refuse to give up after putting so much time into it then having someone dupe me one.

As of now, I have 150 recorded farm runs. That means I started counting and am at 150 now. I've farmed for a few hours before, so I have a few more.

The way I'm doing it is taking the geyser, climbing up the mountain and kiting behind the part that juts out. I swear to god this is the most frustrating thing I've done. I've gotten more ETech drops from the warrior than I have had drops from Doc Mercy, and I have about the same amount of time put into both.

Mostly, I'm going to use this as a log and hope it gets archived for anyone who's having the same trouble I am.

FROM THE WIKI--
Doc Mercy has an 0.07% chance of dropping the Infinity (just under 1/1000) chance, making the drop rate considerably lower than all other Legendary weapons, which normally have an 1% ~ 5% chance.
---
When your uncle wins the lottery and gives you $5 for your birthday, you know there's love in your family. TRUE STORY
#2anewman33Posted 12/31/2012 10:42:06 AM
tell me about it lol i spent hourse doing it then my will collapsed and had someone dupe it! i wish you the best of luck sir and admire your dedication!
---
Xbl- an3wm4n33
Gaara- "As long as there are people in this world to kill, I will not cease to exist. "
#3CaptainBizarroPosted 12/31/2012 10:51:58 AM
I was the same, I started counting after a few hours and hit over 150 before I gave up and went to go kill Termorphus for a bit and after my first go I opened the chests after beating him and there was a shock infinity inside, I felt like I had been trolled by the game.
---
GT - Captain Bizarro
#4AtairPosted 12/31/2012 10:57:14 AM
ImThatGood posted...
Welp. Infinity Farming. It sucks so much. I refuse to give up after putting so much time into it then having someone dupe me one.

As of now, I have 150 recorded farm runs. That means I started counting and am at 150 now. I've farmed for a few hours before, so I have a few more.

Good luck farming Doc Mercy. Like you, I spent many hours farming this guy with no success. When I had 60 skins for the Bandit Technical, I kept track of the number of times by using a different skin every time. I went through all 60 skins four different times, so that was 240 attempts. In addition, I spent hours using the geyser approach as well, but I have no idea how many attempts this added up to.

I had managed to get a Level 8 Infinity rather quickly early on, but not a single Legendary drop once I got into part 2.5. It was also disappointing to see that some of the items that he did drop were at Level 48 or Level 49. It was very frustrating not to get a single Infinity Pistol to drop, but I would have probably felt even worse if he had dropped a Level 48 version of the weapon.

I finally got some nice Level 50 Infinity Pistols by glitch farming the Leviathan's Treasure Room.
---
The time when someone could have finally and forever closed shut the Flaws of Oblivion.....has long passed.
#5ImThatGood(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 12:48:54 PM
Broke 200. STill nothing. Timed a perfect run and after the drop pick up, it took 62 seconds to completely restart including loading.

I've listened to every Less Than Jake song on Spotify now...on to another artist to ease my farming troubles.
---
When your uncle wins the lottery and gives you $5 for your birthday, you know there's love in your family. TRUE STORY