Tips on the second playthrough?

#1KenhorouPosted 12/31/2012 12:55:45 PM
I'm a siren and I'm dying a lot on my second run. Can anyone give me tips so that the game isn't as hard?
---
"COD: Be at the right place, at the right time"-Ragdoll47
QFT
#2ImThatGoodPosted 12/31/2012 1:01:19 PM
Find a way to easily farm dukino's mom on playthrough one and get good level 30ish purple weapons. that helps. otherwise, try to be a good 4 levels above the quest levels and you'll be fine.
---
When your uncle wins the lottery and gives you $5 for your birthday, you know there's love in your family. TRUE STORY
#3Kenhorou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 1:05:25 PM
ImThatGood posted...
Find a way to easily farm dukino's mom on playthrough one and get good level 30ish purple weapons. that helps. otherwise, try to be a good 4 levels above the quest levels and you'll be fine.

I can go back to my first playthrough?
---
QFT
#4Mysticman89Posted 12/31/2012 1:06:24 PM
Using appropriate elemental weapons is a good plan.

Also you do double damage to slagged enemies, so slagging an enemy and swapping to another weapon can be an effective strategy for bringing the pain.
#5lee_Posted 12/31/2012 1:18:24 PM
Kenhorou posted...

Yes, while you're on the continue screen press Y then select your character. You can then switch been normal and tvhm whenever you want.
---
Xbox Live GT: Swansfan4
Butt Stallion says hello
#6ArueziPosted 12/31/2012 1:21:02 PM
Kenhorou posted...
ImThatGood posted...

Yup. It's done the same way you select between your characters. Just pick Siren and it'll ask if you want Normal mode or True Vault Hunter.

And I don't know what build you're using, but I'd suggest you go with Cataclysm. True Vault Hunter mode favors elemental damage and with Ruin you'll turn Phase Lock into an aoe that does damage with all elements as well as slagging them for double damage.

Aside from that... grab yourself a Tediore SMG or a rocket launcher and get read for some last stands. The second play through does not kid around.
---
GT: Aruezi
#7Kenhorou(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 1:54:45 PM
If I go back to my first playthrough, can I go back to my second one and start where I left off?
---
QFT
#8PanopictonguyPosted 12/31/2012 2:45:01 PM
Yes you can, also why us someone telling him to farm Dukino's mom? Warrior drops far more gear and they'll all be closer to the beginning tvhm gear levels.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#9MayhemersPosted 12/31/2012 5:57:32 PM
My tips:

- always have a rocket launcher in your slots as it's the easiest way to get a Second Wind
- always have a shock weapon as enemies resist elemental weapons a lot more with a shield active
- update weapons more frequently as you'll need to keep them at or above the level of the enemies more often
---
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
#10captain_tylorPosted 1/1/2013 6:22:01 AM
1. Cataclysm branch. Last skill adds slag to faseshift. x2 damage
2. Class mod with +80% damage for smg. Nearly x2 damage on top of it
3. Have elemental smgs and use them accordingly.