How to spawn Vermivorous solo

#21TsurukePosted 1/3/2013 1:55:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22TsurukePosted 1/3/2013 1:58:25 PM(edited)
Quanze13 posted...
On the subject of "tricking" the game into four player mode, can you use it to fight Pete solo with an increased drop rate?

Once enter the area of any DLC raid boss, the game automatically switches to 4-player "mode", so all 4-player enemy "abilities" are already applied

That means this: http://i50.tinypic.com/nqe0ki.jpg
(They are considered Badasses so basically: )

Normal Mode:
Health Multiplier: 4.00
Damage Multiplier: 1.32

TVHM:
Health Multiplier: 8.00
Damage Multiplier: 2.05

That is the cause of why some people think the DLC Raid Bosses are sooooooooooooooooo difficult
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#23gOwCoD4Posted 1/3/2013 2:54:03 PM
All Varkid have a limit to how many times they evolve. You just gotta keep track on how long its taking. If you fast travel to the farmhouse and aggro some Varkd and keep them aggro'd, then you have until the buzzards show up to have an Ultimate Badass. Damaging them and having 'more' around doesn't increase the chance of the Varkid evolving.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#24kidishPosted 1/3/2013 3:01:41 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Once enter the area of any DLC raid boss, the game automatically switches to 4-player "mode", so all 4-player enemy "abilities" are already applied

This is only true for DLC1. Pete scales. Going into four-play at Hyperius and then running over to Pete keeps him at the four-multiplier.

On topic:

I find this method works better at Caustic Caverns. Get a couple crystalids to pop up around the entrance, they draw varkid aggro but the varkids rarely hit them in the crit spot.

My first Vermi spawned and spent half his life fighting a crystalid over the acid.
#25Dwaze_ZakenPosted 1/3/2013 3:13:05 PM
Also, a good way to check if you're in 4-player mode while playing solo is by picking up ammo. If you pick up ammo when all your ammo is full, you're in 4-player mode.
---
Dib: Sorry, I'm late. Horrible nightmare visions!
Ms. Bitters: It's called life, Dib. Sit down.
#26GreenKemistPosted 1/3/2013 3:18:38 PM
Good stuff! Might make me go blow the dust off of the ol' BL2. Thanks for this.
---
"Most scientists don't choose to be, they have to be."
Rockstar in theory, chemist in reality...
#27TsurukePosted 1/3/2013 3:19:06 PM
kidish posted...
Tsuruke posted...

This is only true for DLC1. Pete scales. Going into four-play at Hyperius and then running over to Pete keeps him at the four-multiplier. .

Oh? Really? Ok, I was under the full impression that it was for Both DLC raid Bosses. Never mind then. My apologies.
---
#28Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/3/2013 3:19:21 PM
I have the DLCs, but a mate doesn't. If I went to Hyperius to activate "4p mode" then traveled to the farmhouse, let my friend join, would the game go back to "2p mode"? Or would it still be tricked?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#29TsurukePosted 1/3/2013 3:28:58 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
I have the DLCs, but a mate doesn't. If I went to Hyperius to activate "4p mode" then traveled to the farmhouse, let my friend join, would the game go back to "2p mode"? Or would it still be tricked?

Wonderful question! Now that this was brought up, I am curious myself.
---
#30kidishPosted 1/3/2013 3:34:43 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Unpure_Euphoria posted...

Wonderful question! Now that this was brought up, I am curious myself.

I believe it would scale down to two-player. When someone joins, the game re-scales, and I imagine doing so in false four mode would reset it to two.

I know if you go into Hyperius's chamber with two or three people though, it stays four until someone leaves.