This is up for GOTY?

#1SnoopLionPosted 1/3/2013 7:40:18 AM
Don't get me wrong, I bought this game on day 1 and thought it was a good game but once you beat it it just loses it's touch after playing as all four characters. You go from Best game this year! to Love this game to Yeah I like it to I'll just play another game to 1 play per month.
#2Pengo 2Posted 1/3/2013 8:20:14 AM
How many games as long as Borderlands 2 do you normally play through 5-8 times and still get excited about doing it again?
---
#3Laylow12Posted 1/3/2013 8:22:28 AM
Pengo 2 posted...
How many games as long as Borderlands 2 do you normally play through 5-8 times and still get excited about doing it again?

My wife.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#4ZarnonElchrisPosted 1/3/2013 8:24:53 AM
It's already won game of the year several times, as well it should have.
#5killbot357Posted 1/3/2013 8:25:03 AM
If Borderlands 2 wasn't GOTY material, you wouldn't play through it four times.
---
Currently playing: Cave Story 3D, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#6crosswindkrabPosted 1/3/2013 8:31:32 AM
GOTY is a pretty meaningless award that pretty much everyone and their dog gives out now, don't get your dreads in a fuss about it.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.
#7xHuckleberryPosted 1/3/2013 1:40:04 PM(edited)
crosswindkrab posted...
GOTY is a pretty meaningless award that pretty much everyone and their dog gives out now, don't get your dreads in a fuss about it.

lol dreads in a fuss, hahaha

Just because they give out more than 1(or 10) GOTY awards, my guess is its still quite the achievement if youre a game maker, not "just" a gamer.
#8blackfrancisPosted 1/3/2013 1:36:41 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Pengo 2 posted...

My wife.

His wife. :)
---
XBOX GT: GrievousMaximus
I feel like Konami is James and I am the hopeless Mary.
#9crosswindkrabPosted 1/3/2013 1:43:44 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
Just because they give out more than 1(or 10) GOTY awards, my guess is its still quite the achievement if youre a gamer maker, not "just" a gamer.

I can't say with any actual authority, but I'd imagine that's at least half true. I can't imagine its a big deal for "AAA" titles and big franchises that can get accolades just for releasing a game. Probably means a lot more for the underdogs and newcomers.

I'll stop there before I start one of those "publishers buy good reviews" arguments.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.
#10xHuckleberryPosted 1/3/2013 2:00:55 PM(edited)
crosswindkrab posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
Just because they give out more than 1(or 10) GOTY awards, my guess is its still quite the achievement if youre a gamer maker, not "just" a gamer.

I can't say with any actual authority, but I'd imagine that's at least half true. I can't imagine its a big deal for "AAA" titles and big franchises that can get accolades just for releasing a game. Probably means a lot more for the underdogs and newcomers.

I'll stop there before I start one of those "publishers buy good reviews" arguments.

Man, i'd hope its true and not all corrupt as hell.

Even if i was a new comer to a big AAA franchise, i would still have moments where i felt on top of the world. If people do just playing the game, just think about the creators. Sure, some people might take advantage of the situation, but i doubt its a big list.

Im sure the people and families both feel some sense of joy and accomplishment.

Appreciate, dont hate.