Quests with green rewards during second playthrough

#1connect_fivePosted 1/3/2013 6:12:46 PM
Ive read in multiple places that during playthrough 2 it is ok to do all side quests with green rarity rewards if you intend to save the side quests with legendary weapons for 2.5

I just did my first side quest - where you have to kill scorch the spiderant who drops a legendary (not sure which) and I was wondering if I it will scale to level 50 even though I did the quest
#2Ki_cat_Posted 1/3/2013 6:19:42 PM
The best thing to do is to beat 2.0 as fast as you can and don't accept any side quests until 2.5 for the best loot.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#3capnovanPosted 1/3/2013 6:32:26 PM
The quest reward is green rarity. Scorch has a low chance to drop an Orange (the Hellfire SMG) as a result of you killing him. This is separate from the quest reward.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#4connect_five(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:03:25 PM
capnovan posted...
The quest reward is green rarity. Scorch has a low chance to drop an Orange (the Hellfire SMG) as a result of you killing him. This is separate from the quest reward.

but because i activated scorch by doing the quest (he wouldnt spawn without the initial quest) he will stay at the level he is at now right? or will he scale later too?
#5capnovanPosted 1/3/2013 7:09:59 PM
connect_five posted...
capnovan posted...

but because i activated scorch by doing the quest (he wouldnt spawn without the initial quest) he will stay at the level he is at now right? or will he scale later too?

he should scale. But I have seen some enemies not scale due to glitches. Savage Lee (who drops th Harold pistol), for one example
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#6connect_five(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:47:52 PM
Damnit, i came across lee on my first trip through that area. i hope they scale
#7fat_irish_guyPosted 1/3/2013 8:34:43 PM
I honestly wouldnt worry bout it to much cus if your looking for a certain item or weapon someone one on this board including myself will dupe or trade it to you. But if your looking to do it without outside help then yes wait till the end of them main story for everything to scale. But for me i got most the the cool quest rewards i wanted scaled to 50 on my first character so ill just do the sidequests on my other Vault hunters even tho there not 50.
---
I'm the backwards man the backwards man i can walk backwards as fast as you can!
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Halo 4, Dead Space1+2