Modded guns?

#11IADMANI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 6:13:20 AM
johnnycubsfan posted...
IADMANI posted...
Wow. Didn't think this would make people upset. Sorry if I offended anyone. Lets pretend I never asked.

Don't sweat it. I thought you were asking for modded loot and jumped to conclusion.

But seriously, Modding is a bad word around here. Modded save files can absolutely destroy your game. Remember graveyard.sav?

No. I have already got 2 characters to level 50 and I'm working on my assassin at the moment. I love the game. I was just curious whether they were real. I've only joined this forum 2 days ago so I had no idea about them lol.
#12MistaAtlasPosted 1/4/2013 6:13:32 AM
Im looking for some too. Hit me up all you cheaters. I want to join everyone's game and ruin it for them.
---
GT:Wh0oIsJohnGalt
#13fakesnoop77Posted 1/4/2013 6:14:01 AM
IADMANI posted...
Wow. Didn't think this would make people upset. Sorry if I offended anyone. Lets pretend I never asked.

Look, whatever you wanna do in your game is up to you. I completely understand that. I was just pointing out that a lot of people on here frown on modded stuff so I doubt that people would discuss this subject.

I really don't care about modded stuff. I never use it, dupe it, promote it or make it but others do. That's their choice I guess.

Nobody here is upset, you have a right to ask but I would not expect a positive response unless people message you privately.

I hope Kpt Kapowski don't read this........
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#14bcon1208Posted 1/4/2013 6:18:32 AM
johnnycubsfan posted...
Go away, plague. And keep your cheating offline. People like you ruin the online experience for the rest of us.

Annnnnd we're off again!

This is so much more annoying than the "LF [INSERT WEAPON]" topics, seriously, just let everyone play how they play. Enough already please.

TC, Black weapons (or Hybrids) do exist, although they are heavily modded. So modded in fact, that you can't even keep them in your backpack. If you load a game with them equipped at all, they are deleted. They actually have to be stored in your bank to preserve them. They're essentially improper configurations. Putting a sniper barrel on a shotgun for example. It's something the game doesn't actually allow, but is possible.

Now for my opinion...hybrids can be fun to mess around with, but they ruin the game. There is no challenge at all and you will be bored playing the game in minutes. I suggest making a new character just to play with the guns for a laugh, but don't play the game with them. Also, as you've seen, don't go online with them. People will report you, and you can be banned from Xbox Live (possible console ban as well). This is modding, and is technically against your agreement with Microsoft.

I have modded guns myself. However the ones I've made are legit guns. For example, I had a Vladof sniper and a Jacobs sniper. I liked the Vladof because of firerate, and the Jacob's for its power. Now a combination of the parts is possible, though at my high level, it's a very rare item. So I made the gun I wanted by combining the proper parts. Now it's not a gun that kills raid bosses in one hit, or shoots 60,000 rockets per pull of the trigger, but it is a "modded" gun, just one that the game actually allows and can generate itself. My advice is to stick with those kinds of things. Hybrids can be fun to play with, but do not use them in the game, and never online.
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#15chopsueysidePosted 1/4/2013 7:03:20 AM
johnnycubsfan posted...
IADMANI posted...
I have seen on youtube that some people have modded guns (Black guns). Did anyone on here have any?

Go away, plague. And keep your cheating offline. People like you ruin the online experience for the rest of us.

People like this are so obnoxious. You do realize people can't pee on your carpet if they aren't in the same room right?

It's like buying a carpet and then worrying about people peeing on it when no one visits you anyways.
---
GT: Doctor Terr0r
#16RinglercorpPosted 1/4/2013 7:13:19 AM
IADMANI posted...

Yeah if anyone mentions the word "mod" or "dupe" in a topic, certain people on this board go ballistic.

They are pretty much like the Westboro Baptist Church, only in video game form.
#17M4T7Posted 1/4/2013 7:14:41 AM(edited)
fakesnoop77 posted...
I suggest that these kind of messages are not put up on here.

90% of people on here play legit are are against modding so I highly doubt that you would get a positive response.

90% is an awful generous number for GameFaqs and it's community of dupers.

edit:

Yeah if anyone mentions the word "mod" or "dupe" in a topic, certain people on this board go ballistic.

I guess that was my cue.
---
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
-Murphy's Law
#18kiwimyweeweePosted 1/4/2013 7:28:30 AM
Ringlercorp posted...
IADMANI posted...

Class mod gets mentioned all the time.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#19johnnycubsfanPosted 1/4/2013 7:35:26 AM
Ringlercorp posted...
IADMANI posted...

Right. Because complaining about modding is exactly like picketing a child's funeral, imbecile. Did you miss the part where I apologized for jumping to conclusions.
#20kiwimyweeweePosted 1/4/2013 7:41:06 AM
bcon1208 posted...
johnnycubsfan posted...

Annnnnd we're off again!

This is so much more annoying than the "LF [INSERT WEAPON]" topics, seriously, just let everyone play how they play. Enough already please.

TC, Black weapons (or Hybrids) do exist, although they are heavily modded. So modded in fact, that you can't even keep them in your backpack. If you load a game with them equipped at all, they are deleted. They actually have to be stored in your bank to preserve them. They're essentially improper configurations. Putting a sniper barrel on a shotgun for example. It's something the game doesn't actually allow, but is possible.

Now for my opinion...hybrids can be fun to mess around with, but they ruin the game. There is no challenge at all and you will be bored playing the game in minutes. I suggest making a new character just to play with the guns for a laugh, but don't play the game with them. Also, as you've seen, don't go online with them. People will report you, and you can be banned from Xbox Live (possible console ban as well). This is modding, and is technically against your agreement with Microsoft.

I have modded guns myself. However the ones I've made are legit guns. For example, I had a Vladof sniper and a Jacobs sniper. I liked the Vladof because of firerate, and the Jacob's for its power. Now a combination of the parts is possible, though at my high level, it's a very rare item. So I made the gun I wanted by combining the proper parts. Now it's not a gun that kills raid bosses in one hit, or shoots 60,000 rockets per pull of the trigger, but it is a "modded" gun, just one that the game actually allows and can generate itself. My advice is to stick with those kinds of things. Hybrids can be fun to play with, but do not use them in the game, and never online.

The proper name for guns that are made through a save state editor that can legitimately spawn are called constructs.

It's a different name to desribe the difference between modded guns and legit weapons made via save state modding.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.