Do people really have trouble getting Henry to drop heads?

#1killbot357Posted 1/4/2013 8:38:02 AM
I've seen a handful of complaints about her drop rate, but in my first playthrough I got the siren head after about 15 kills, and last night I got the mechromancer head after less than 10.

I know it's likely I just got absurdly lucky (since I've killed Bunker around 150 times on both playthroughs with no head drops) but I'm curious if others have the same experience.

I kind of wish legendary drop rates for bosses were standardized, like maybe at 1 or 2%.
---
Currently playing: Cave Story 3D, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#2SalenStormwingPosted 1/4/2013 9:44:19 AM
I'd prefer drops be all over the world instead of being limited to specific bosses. I miss BL1's drop rate, where even a lowly skag could have a Hellfire, whereas only 1 boss MIGHT drop it once in a blue moon.
#3killbot357(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 9:52:34 AM
SalenStormwing posted...
I'd prefer drops be all over the world instead of being limited to specific bosses. I miss BL1's drop rate, where even a lowly skag could have a Hellfire, whereas only 1 boss MIGHT drop it once in a blue moon.

This is already the case. Everything can drop everything, it's just certain bosses have a higher chance to drop certain items.

A lowly skag CAN drop a Hellfire, but Scorch has a much higher percentage chance of dropping it.
---
Currently playing: Cave Story 3D, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#4Hardcore74LeoPosted 1/4/2013 10:17:41 AM
SalenStormwing posted...

I got a skag in three horns to drop one of those bull smg's from the firehawk area.
#5fakesnoop77Posted 1/4/2013 10:18:46 AM
I once found a Thunderball Fist in a random cardboard box in The Fridge
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#6mu695Posted 1/4/2013 10:22:27 AM(edited)
@ Killbot
From what I've been told it's only badass and higher enemies that can drop Legendary items.
---
GT: dark reaper 175
That guy who duped everyone 600 million on Fable 2.
#7Xero-KillPosted 1/4/2013 10:44:44 AM
mu695 posted...
@ Killbot
From what I've been told it's only badass and higher enemies that can drop Legendary items.

Definitely not true. I got a Bee off a random rat in the fridge.
---
GT: Xero Kogari
#8megaddtdPosted 1/4/2013 10:47:23 AM
I got a level 8 Baby Maker from a Goliath in Frostburn Cavern.
#9BigSai29Posted 1/4/2013 10:49:01 AM
I don't actively farm heads, but I don't seem to have too much of problem acquiring them in the course of failing to get the legendary I'm after.
#10crosswindkrabPosted 1/4/2013 12:45:24 PM
I'd say I've killed Henry at least 50+ times as I was farming her and the stalkers outside her area for several challenges and only got one head out of it. You're probably just a bit lucky in this regard. Seems like theres always that one guy that manages to beat BL2's drop rate.

@Moo65
Legendary weapons can pop up just about anywhere, it's just they have insanely low chances of doing so.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.