Question concerning Pete, quality of drops and loot scaling.

#1Machspeed2Posted 1/4/2013 10:35:21 AM
Would visiting Hyperius to force a 4-player scale benefit Pete's drops or is he unaffected?
#2fakesnoop77Posted 1/4/2013 10:38:00 AM
Unaffected as all Raid bosses are meant for 4 players anyway
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#3Rayno_2004Posted 1/4/2013 11:11:38 AM
Pete does not set the game to 4 players like gee or hyperious. Visiting gee or hyperious first does indeed have an effect on Pete's loot table.
---
Gametag: Raynofett
#4resealablePosted 1/4/2013 11:21:31 AM
Rayno_2004 posted...
Pete does not set the game to 4 players like gee or hyperious. Visiting gee or hyperious first does indeed have an effect on Pete's loot table.

Care to elaborate?
---
GT: AmissStatistic1
#5Machspeed2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 11:27:44 AM
resealable posted...
Rayno_2004 posted...

Care to elaborate?

Seconded, specifically in regards to legendary drops. Is there a noticeable difference?
#6Rayno_2004Posted 1/4/2013 11:31:27 AM
Gee and Hyperious sets the game to 4 players on entering their respective arenas. You don't have to kill them to have this done, simply walk in and walk out. You'll notice the change very quickly as more bada** enemies will spawn.

This has been very useful when trying to farm Vermivorous the Invincible, Pete, and even chubby enemies as they will spawn more often. it also will cause the game to have higher loot chances.

I'm currently look on the gear box site for a topic where 4 different people tested this with pete runs. it works quite well for increasing loot chances.
---
#7Machspeed2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 11:33:05 AM
Rayno_2004 posted...
Gee and Hyperious sets the game to 4 players on entering their respective arenas. You don't have to kill them to have this done, simply walk in and walk out. You'll notice the change very quickly as more bada** enemies will spawn.

This has been very useful when trying to farm Vermivorous the Invincible, Pete, and even chubby enemies as they will spawn more often. it also will cause the game to have higher loot chances.

I'm currently look on the gear box site for a topic where 4 different people tested this with pete runs. it works quite well for increasing loot chances.

Thanks for the info. Now that you've got me curious, care to link me to that topic?
#8Laylow12Posted 1/4/2013 11:34:15 AM
Rayno_2004 posted...

This is fascinating. Where have you found info on this topic; the official forums?
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#9Rayno_2004Posted 1/4/2013 11:37:13 AM
i found the topic in the loot and weapon forum on gearbox's site. I've been trying to find it again today and can't find it. As soon as i find that topic i will be back to post the link to it.

if it tells you how much it's helped me out, last night doing this i got:

(shock) sherdifier
Madhouse
Norfleet
emperor
2x legendary assassin class mods

all in about an hour worth of farming.
---
#10Rayno_2004Posted 1/4/2013 11:39:59 AM
Ha found it:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=217670