For all of you who praised the Bee nerf...

#121deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 9:14:05 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
deadlyfred posted...
And they've fixed it on PC, so who would like some crow?

Pano? Killbot? Stormy?

I don't care...-_-

Good for you, thanks for telling everyone they were wrong about this when, in fact, it was YOU that was wrong.

It's cool, if I was wrong I'd want ketchup with my crow. You like yours plain, I suppose.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#122SolidStryderPosted 1/11/2013 10:43:58 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
deadlyfred posted...
StormWolf12 posted...
IADMANI posted...
They should of left it. If you thought the bee was over powered, you could of used a different shield

But I didn't want other people using it either.

Then KICK THEM. It's really, really easy.

I don't want people in my game running off on their own trying to leave the group. So guess what? I warn them and then if they keep it up... I kick them.

By complaining to Gearbox about the Bee Shield people have inadvertently caused skill trees and other weapons to not work as intended.

THAT is far worse than someone joining your game and providing the team with Good offense at the cost of their own defense.

Matter of fact, maybe you should just kick every Gunzerker and Assassin that joins your match. Commando throws down a turret? Kick them. That's OP!

I don't care if I could kick them. I like it because it makes poor gamers angry. Waaaaahhhh I can't kill Hyperius in three tosses.

This is probably one of the saddest/loneliest things I've read on the Internet lol
#123killbot357Posted 1/11/2013 10:51:28 AM
deadlyfred posted...

Pano? Killbot? Stormy?

Eh? My problem is with people whining about the Bee nerf because they can't kill everything in one hit. I'm glad they've fixed shotguns, since shotguns are my favorite weapon type.

So no, I'll pass on the crow this time.
---
Currently playing: Minecraft: FTB, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#124StormWolf12Posted 1/11/2013 10:56:03 AM
Pano is the only one eating crow. Nothing I said in this thread was contradictory to the recent PC patch. In fact, I said it would happen.

I think TC is just all down on his luck because he misses the bee.
#125PanopictonguyPosted 1/11/2013 11:09:20 AM
deadlyfred posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
deadlyfred posted...

Pano? Killbot? Stormy?

I don't care...-_-

Good for you, thanks for telling everyone they were wrong about this when, in fact, it was YOU that was wrong.

It's cool, if I was wrong I'd want ketchup with my crow. You like yours plain, I suppose.

Wrong about what? Quote where I was wrong.

I said the video was purposely misleading and claimed it was "skilla" that were broken. I stated EXACTLY what the problem was that gearbox has addressed with the patch. Do you have reading comprehension issues?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#126StormWolf12Posted 1/11/2013 11:10:24 AM
**sides with Pano
#127kiwimyweeweePosted 1/11/2013 12:06:13 PM
Eat crow? I don't get it.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#128deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 6:49:01 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Wrong about what? Quote where I was wrong.

I said the video was purposely misleading and claimed it was "skilla" that were broken. I stated EXACTLY what the problem was that gearbox has addressed with the patch. Do you have reading comprehension issues?

Here ya go:

Killbot:
Let's assume you're right, snake, and the nerf broke the game in some ways. I'd hardly call it "handicapping" anyone, snake, unless you're just an especially unskilled player, snake. Perhaps you have to take cover sligh

Pano:
The guy in the video is misleading people.

He's claiming the bee nerf threw off balance and broke multiple skill trees.

Unless i'm missing something it only effected weapons with x# damage modifiers. He's claiming multiple skills, relics, and mods, were broken because of the nerf and it makes TVHM harder. He never mentions anything about shotguns or x# modifiers.

He's trying to make the problem seem worse than it is. He's a tool. x# guns were already extremely powerful. The balance is dramatically thrown out of wack because they are less extremely powerful.

Pano:
The problem in this topic is the Youtube video. The user tries to purposely mislead people into thinking the patch messed up skill trees. When this is not the case. You've posted an example of what damage modification effects. It has nothing at all to do with skill tree's. It's a single issue effecting guns with a #x modifier. I've said this multiple times already.

The youtube video and your opening post is trying to make it appear that lot of different things were affected by the patch.

You're wrong, Pano. See this:
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=219987

Scroll down and look at all of the skills that were affected. TWENTY TWO skill tree skills were effected by this problem. Along with PROOF. Proof enough that the devs are fixing it for the console and have already fixed it for PC.

Now count the weapons (the ones that they had time to test). TWENTY TWO of those as well (probably much more though).

Perhaps YOUR reading comprehension needs work. Those things have been listed since before I posted the video and they were linked in the video. I even posted the link and a blurb from it. Which, apparently you ignored in favor of more moaning and groaning.

But you guys tried to make this into some sort of beef with me and claim I was unskilled and relied on a "crutch" when this had nothing to do with the Bee Shield (which is far from a crutch, as you can die far, far easier with it equipped than you would with a common white rarity shield equipped, generally).

So, in summation, you were wrong and it's getting fixed. I still won't be using the Bee except when I fight certain bosses. You can hide behind cover and provide no help for your team all you want.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#129PanopictonguyPosted 1/11/2013 9:00:10 PM
deadlyfred

Pano:
The guy in the video is misleading people.

He's claiming the bee nerf threw off balance and broke multiple skill trees.

Unless i'm missing something it only effected weapons with x# damage modifiers. He's claiming multiple skills, relics, and mods, were broken because of the nerf and it makes TVHM harder. He never mentions anything about shotguns or x# modifiers.

He's trying to make the problem seem worse than it is. He's a tool. x# guns were already extremely powerful. The balance is dramatically thrown out of wack because they are less extremely powerful.

Pano:
The problem in this topic is the Youtube video. The user tries to purposely mislead people into thinking the patch messed up skill trees. When this is not the case. You've posted an example of what damage modification affects. It has nothing at all to do with skill tree's. It's a single issue effecting guns with a #x modifier. I've said this multiple times already.

The youtube video and your opening post is trying to make it appear that lot of different things were affected by the patch.

You're wrong, Pano. See this:
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=219987

Scroll down and look at all of the skills that were affected. TWENTY TWO skill tree skills were effected by this problem. Along with PROOF. Proof enough that the devs are fixing it for the console and have already fixed it for PC.

So, in summation, you were wrong and it's getting fixed.

No like I stated somewhere else you don't know wtf you're talking about.

deadlyfred posted...
From Loot Turtle on the Gearbox forums:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=3392837&postcount=167

I've done my own testing. I did it with BA bonuses disabled and skills reset. My testing was done with Axton and a Legendary Soldier Class Mod that granted +29% Gun Damage. Testing was done with the Target Practice at the gun range in Marcus' shop. Multiple shots were fired from the each gun with no difference in damage. The results are startling.

Emperor w/o bonus damage: 8438
Emperor w/ bonus damage: 10885
Percentage added damage = 10885/8438 - 1 = 28.9998%
(This is about the same as 29%, which is stated on the class mod)

Skullmasher test done with all 5 bullets from each shot hitting the target.

Skullmasher w/o bonus damage: 52887
Skullmasher w/ bonus damage: 55954
Percentage added damage = 55954/52887 - 1 = 5.7991%
(Bonus damage of 29% divided by 5)

Veruc test done with using only 1 of the bullets from each shot. Left, right and center bullet does the same damage.

Veruc w/o bonus damage: 7285
Veruc w/ bonus damage: 7989
Percentage added damage = 7989/7285 - 1 = 9.6636%
(Bonus damage of 29% divided by 3)

The same test was done with the Kitten.

Kitten w/o bonus damage: 5939
Kitten w/ bonus damage: 6513
Percentage added damage = 6513/5939 - 1 = 9.6649%
(Bonus damage of 29% divided by 3)

Maggie test done with all 6 pellets from each shot hitting the target.

Maggie w/o bonus damage: 31279
Maggie w/ bonus damage: 32791
Percentage added damage = 32791/31279 -1 = 4.8339%
(Bonus damage of 29% divided by 6)

Conclusion: There is no discrimination of gun class. As long as your gun has a X* on the weapon display card, all bonus percentage-based damage will be divided by the number shown then applied each time the weapon is fired.

Now, does THAT help explain the problem here?

---
#130PanopictonguyPosted 1/11/2013 9:00:30 PM
Do I need to explain what they mean when they say affected or is this enough for you?...-_-

Patch Notes
Update v1.3.1 (Released 1/9/2013)
Added support for text input using the gamepad for Steam's Big Picture mode.
Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in the "Whoops" mission of the Captain Scarlett DLC.
Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.
Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.

---