For all of you who praised the Bee nerf...

#91obsidian_bladePosted 1/5/2013 9:04:37 AM
everything i have heard on this has been one side whining at/about the other whilst both sides have some good points the thing that doesnt seem to have been mentioned is that the bee is used for farming not story completion and if anyone has tried farming the cc or blood of terramorphous they will know how many kills this could take to get anywhere near getting them my only issue is that now they have changed it it will take considerably longer to farm the things that have rediculous drop rates.
#92StormWolf12Posted 1/5/2013 9:09:32 AM
Damn, dude, sick run on sentence.

The blood of Terra is worthless, btw.

The bee was used for more than just farming. Go get some air.
#93obsidian_bladePosted 1/5/2013 9:52:10 AM
yes it was used for more than just farming and i dont put grammar in cause it annoys the nazis
#94StormWolf12Posted 1/5/2013 9:55:40 AM
You don't use grammar because you're stupid.
#95deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:12:39 AM
From Loot Turtle on the Gearbox forums:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=3392837&postcount=167

I've done my own testing. I did it with BA bonuses disabled and skills reset. My testing was done with Axton and a Legendary Soldier Class Mod that granted +29% Gun Damage. Testing was done with the Target Practice at the gun range in Marcus' shop. Multiple shots were fired from the each gun with no difference in damage. The results are startling.

Emperor w/o bonus damage: 8438
Emperor w/ bonus damage: 10885
Percentage added damage = 10885/8438 - 1 = 28.9998%
(This is about the same as 29%, which is stated on the class mod)

Skullmasher test done with all 5 bullets from each shot hitting the target.

Skullmasher w/o bonus damage: 52887
Skullmasher w/ bonus damage: 55954
Percentage added damage = 55954/52887 - 1 = 5.7991%
(Bonus damage of 29% divided by 5)

Veruc test done with using only 1 of the bullets from each shot. Left, right and center bullet does the same damage.

Veruc w/o bonus damage: 7285
Veruc w/ bonus damage: 7989
Percentage added damage = 7989/7285 - 1 = 9.6636%
(Bonus damage of 29% divided by 3)

The same test was done with the Kitten.

Kitten w/o bonus damage: 5939
Kitten w/ bonus damage: 6513
Percentage added damage = 6513/5939 - 1 = 9.6649%
(Bonus damage of 29% divided by 3)

Maggie test done with all 6 pellets from each shot hitting the target.

Maggie w/o bonus damage: 31279
Maggie w/ bonus damage: 32791
Percentage added damage = 32791/31279 -1 = 4.8339%
(Bonus damage of 29% divided by 6)

Conclusion: There is no discrimination of gun class. As long as your gun has a X* on the weapon display card, all bonus percentage-based damage will be divided by the number shown then applied each time the weapon is fired.

Now, does THAT help explain the problem here?
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#96StormWolf12Posted 1/5/2013 10:20:59 AM
It's already been recognized as a problem by the developers. It will be patched. Either way, it was still worth it to have the bee nerfed.
#97ZahkimPosted 1/5/2013 10:36:45 AM
DMBHovDog posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

But I didn't want other people using it either.

It's this attitude that fuels the fire. You sound like a whiny kindergartener.

Somebody call up Ryan Lanza
#98StormWolf12Posted 1/5/2013 10:38:32 AM
DMBHovDog posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

Lol, as long as you can't use the bee, I don't care how it makes me sound.
#99mooninomicsPosted 1/5/2013 11:13:21 AM
What about those of us who were completely indifferent to the Bee nerf? And still are indifferent to it, as well as the skills and mechanics that were apparently "messed up" by it? The whole thing is "meh".

Yeah, the Bee was kind of nice sometimes. It made you a very powerful glass cannon. However, it still makes you a pretty damn powerful glass cannon. It's still completely beastly, just not the superbeast it was before. Though even when it was an unholy superbeast, it still wasn't my first choice for any given situation (I prefer adaptive shields, personally). But anyway, it still kicks ass, even after the nerf.

Most importantly, however, you could totally kick all kinds of ass without it before the nerf. And you can still kick all kinds of ass without it after the nerf. And the "messed up" things regarding multi-pellet mechanics, at worst, are a minor inconvenience.

<Carl> Eh. It don't matter. None of this matters. </Carl>
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#100DMBHovDogPosted 1/5/2013 1:06:08 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
DMBHovDog posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

Lol, as long as you can't use the bee, I don't care how it makes me sound.

Do you honestly have NOTHING better to do than complain to developers over included content because its not what YOU want? Seriously dude...get a girlfriend/life/clue

Not everyone wants to spend hours and hours farming these BS raid bosses and stuff...