New player question

#1gjs123Posted 1/4/2013 2:39:58 PM
So I'm relatively new to this game, only level 9.

I am using Axton as my starting character, and I was wondering when I level up and pick a skill, is the bonus stats only applied to my turret or do they apply to me? Or are they only active when my turret is out?

So far I'm using the middle skill tree

Hope my questions make sense and thanks for any replies.
---
XBL: Stormaru
PS3: Stormaru_
#2crosswindkrabPosted 1/4/2013 2:42:45 PM
If a skill applies to your turret it will say so. Your other skills are not dependent on your turret being out (I think there are a few skills in the game that only apply when using your power, but they will state it as well )
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.
#3gjs123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 2:44:14 PM
Thanks for the answer. I hadn't read to many of the skill sets to see if it only applies to the turret.
---
XBL: Stormaru
PS3: Stormaru_
#4SinisterBladePosted 1/4/2013 2:59:13 PM
All characters have an entire tree that that mainly boosts their action skill, and/or possibly things that may help it and you. Gaige's BFF tree for example has many skills dedicated to Deathtrap, but a good amount that benefit her or both of them. Usually they say if a skill effects something specific or not. For example, Zer0's 'Resergence' skills allows him to regen health for every kill he makes.. WITH MELEE. While his 'Ambush' skill grants bonus damage to enemies attacked from behind, with anything, guns or melee.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!