Here's the reason I don't dupe

#1killbot357Posted 1/6/2013 7:14:15 AM
Last night I opened a chest and found an awesome Vladof shock e-tech AR for my LBT Gaige.

It was an upgrade over my previous AR in every single way.

If I'd come here and posted a thread looking for a similar AR, I'd miss out on that joy of discovery.

The thing dupers are missing out on isn't hours of tedious farming, it's that feeling you get when you find something awesome, rather than picking it up in a stack of oranges dropped in Sanctuary.
---
Currently playing: Minecraft: FTB, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#2Feds950Posted 1/6/2013 7:21:28 AM
What about the feeling of anger that you get when you can't get the gun you want no matter how hard you try. I guess people don't want to go through that
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/6/2013 7:25:25 AM
I can understand your point, though I disagree.

I've had items duped for me, but I've still had lots of fun finding my own legendaries, in and out of the pirate treasure room.

Seriously man, dat treasure room.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4deadlyfredPosted 1/6/2013 7:27:03 AM
killbot357 posted...
Last night I opened a chest and found an awesome Vladof shock e-tech AR for my LBT Gaige.

If I'd come here and posted a thread looking for a similar AR, I'd miss out on that joy of discovery.

The thing dupers are missing out on isn't hours of tedious farming, it's that feeling you get when you find something awesome, rather than picking it up in a stack of oranges dropped in Sanctuary.

This is how I know you play alone.

When me and my team mates find something great its pretty unfair for one of us to snatch it up while telling the other three, "it's cool guys, we'll just run this area 500 more times until all four of us can have a nice item."

Pitchford himself is pro-duping.

But hey, enjoy the view from your high horse, snake.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#5xHuckleberryPosted 1/6/2013 7:27:22 AM
Oh look, someone has a reason not to dupe, and someone has a reason to dupe.

How...obvious.
#6IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 1/6/2013 7:29:44 AM
killbot357 posted...

My thoughts put in print to a tee. You got a good head on those robot shoulders snake.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#7SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/6/2013 7:34:53 AM
Nowadays, I only ask for dupes if I'm after something specific, which is not often.

For example, looking for a Barbed Striker is a bit too specific to leave to the rng.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#8IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 1/6/2013 7:37:16 AM(edited)
deadlyfred posted...
killbot357 posted...

When me and my team mates find something great its pretty unfair for one of us to snatch it up while telling the other three, "it's cool guys, we'll just run this area 500 more times until all four of us can have a nice item."

High horse? That tired line again? Do you not understand the point of
a loot-based game? Everyone isn't supposed to get and dupe every gun when something good drops. You suss it out and see who can benefit most from it on the team. Do you not grasp teamwork dude? Everyone doesn't need every orange when it drops. Sacrifice is part of teamwork too bro. If Killbot is on the "high-horse", you my friend are on the "don't-understand-how-loot-based-games-works-and-may-be-kinda-selfish" horse. Grow up.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#9xHuckleberryPosted 1/6/2013 7:43:07 AM
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
deadlyfred posted...
killbot357 posted...

High horse? That tired line again? Do you not understand the point of
a loot-based game? Everyone isn't supposed to get and dupe every gun when something good drops. You suds it out and see who can benefit most from it on the team. Do you not grasp teamwork dude? Everyone doesn't need every orange when it drops. Sacrifice is part if teamwork to bro. If Killbot is on the "high-horse", you my friend are on the "don't-understand-how-loot-based-games-works-and-may-be-kinda-selfish" horse. Grow up.

Glad you came along, cause i would have kept on having fun with games my way if you didnt.

Wait, what.
#10Nintendo guyPosted 1/6/2013 7:46:58 AM
Feds950 posted...
What about the feeling of anger that you get when you can't get the gun you want no matter how hard you try. I guess people don't want to go through that

If you get angry about not finding rare items, you're playing the wrong game.