Possible to solo Pete the Invincible w/Axton? Tips/strategy?

#1TribalSunPosted 1/6/2013 7:25:23 AM
About to try . I use a Gemini build, and have pretty good gear ( Maggie , Neogenator, slag Veruc, CC, purple Torgue RL).
#2xHuckleberryPosted 1/6/2013 7:29:19 AM
Im absolutely sure its possible. Possibly a bit harder then it should be tho, but i like the way youre thinking!
#3bluejeans976Posted 1/6/2013 8:55:03 AM
Normal or TVHM?
---
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most", Bluejeans976 is my gamer tag, add me
#4TribalSun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 9:24:39 AM
TVHM. Didn't even know you could do the raid bosses in normal. Any benefit to that?
#5youngunner2123Posted 1/6/2013 9:56:18 AM
No benefit!!

You DO NOT GET SERAPH CRYSTALS IN NORMAL MODE!!!!

Lol TORGUE always caps!

But yeah not worth it in normal unless u are jus getting BA challenges or farming the tokens in his bar and jus randomly want to kill him
#6Adam314-Posted 1/6/2013 10:55:51 AM(edited)
It's very possible. Haven't tried with a Gemini build, but I've done it with a Guerrilla build, with some Gunpowder skills. I'd recommend using a Harold for the sheer DPS. You're main objective should be to outlast him due to your investment in survival, don't be afraid to get a bit close to him, not exactly melee range, but close enough that you're just out of his flamethrower's range, and pop him in the head for crits. Use you turrets as distractions for you to regain shields, and to take out the spiderants. He doesn't have any OP Moves like the other bosses, so you should be fine.

Also, don't be afraid to use the Hyperion ammo spawn points if you're running low.

Use the evolution shield if you have it. The health boost + the element resistance is really good, and try to stay away from using the rats valve.
#7TribalSun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:37:36 AM
Good advice, Thanks. I do have a Harold now, thanks to you!
#8StormWolf12Posted 1/6/2013 11:39:46 AM
Adam314- posted...
It's very possible. Haven't tried with a Gemini build, but I've done it with a Guerrilla build, with some Gunpowder skills. I'd recommend using a Harold for the sheer DPS. You're main objective should be to outlast him due to your investment in survival, don't be afraid to get a bit close to him, not exactly melee range, but close enough that you're just out of his flamethrower's range, and pop him in the head for crits. Use you turrets as distractions for you to regain shields, and to take out the spiderants. He doesn't have any OP Moves like the other bosses, so you should be fine.

Also, don't be afraid to use the Hyperion ammo spawn points if you're running low.

Use the evolution shield if you have it. The health boost + the element resistance is really good, and try to stay away from using the rats valve.

Lol Neogenator is superior.

Neogenator/Harold and you can't lose. Pete's easy.
#9Adam314-Posted 1/6/2013 12:00:16 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
Adam314- posted...

Lol Neogenator is superior.

Neogenator/Harold and you can't lose. Pete's easy.

Hahahahahahaha, no. Not in the slightest. They're basically the same thing.

After playing around with the gear calculator:

A Neogenerator with Maliwan/Maliwan/Hyperion parts will have:

13294 Capacity
4616 Recharge Rate
1.65 Recharge Delay
86% Elemental Resistance
26647 Max Health

While an Evolution with Maliwan/Maliwan/Hyperion parts will have:

20315 Capacity
2885 Recharge Rate
1.98 Recharge Delay
86% Elemental Resistance
26647 Max Health

When taking into account badass ranks, and Axton's skills, they both recharge incredibly fast, both give you the same health boost, and both give you the same elemental resistance. However, you have a lot more of a chance getting the best Evo then you do getting the best Neo. It's Apples to Apples. The ease of access of the Neo mixed with the fact that if Pete hits you with a melee while you're refilling ammo, it won't completely decimate you due to the larger capacity of the Neo is why IMO the Neo is the better of the two.
#10StormWolf12Posted 1/6/2013 1:46:54 PM
You realize that they only heal you while actively recharging and full?

That Axton has Preparation, so the higher recharge rate and lower delay/capacity actually makes it a far superior shield for Action?

Do a bigger write up and be more wrong next time. Then, at the end of your post, contradict yourself.