Bad math with Fabled Tortoise and Ward

#1LazarusNecrosisPosted 1/6/2013 2:58:14 PM(edited)
My lvl 49 Fabled Tortoise has a cap of 152660. With 8.7% from BA rank and 9 points in Ward for an additional 45%, the cap should be around 234k. Instead the cap is a measly 166370. Why does this happen? I've only seen it happen with the Fabled Tortoise and its non-legendary counterparts. Other shield types seem to get their full bonus, but the turtles don't even get close to half of what they should.

It should be an increase of over 80k but instead it is only an increase of a little over 15k. That's a big difference. Is this some kind of glitch? Is there a way to fix it? I've only updated to the very first patch since I don't have Live anymore. Does one of the newer updates correct this? Is there a fix without having Live?

EDIT: That's only a 9% increase instead of the 53.7% it should be.
---
XBL GT: LazarusNecrosis
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors. --Gaiden Shinji 1E 490
#2StormWolf12Posted 1/6/2013 2:49:18 PM
It's the red text that boosts the capacity of the tortoise. The boosts don't stack. Ward and bar only boost the base capacity.
#3LazarusNecrosis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:02:03 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
It's the red text that boosts the capacity of the tortoise. The boosts don't stack. Ward and bar only boost the base capacity.

Is this also true with regular shields in that same family? Regular turtle shields don't seem to get the full bonus either. That answer makes sense. Really sucks though. I spent all night farming for one. Finally got one and it was lvl 49. :( Wouldn't have spent all night running Blue had I known it calculated that way.
---
#4StormWolf12Posted 1/6/2013 3:10:53 PM
It may be the special ability of Pag shields in general. Unfortunate, isn't it?
#5NateO81Posted 1/6/2013 3:15:59 PM
I tried using that shield once...terrible mistake. Why anyone would put up with the slowdown of movement speed is beyond me.
#6LazarusNecrosis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:19:47 PM
That's very unfortunate. I was very excited about running with a monstrous shield. Wasn't worried about moving slow. Was just gonna be a huge tank. A cap of 234k would have made me near unstoppable. Maybe if we cry enough about it, Gearbox will change it! *cough*The Bee*cough*
---
#7PanopictonguyPosted 1/6/2013 4:13:22 PM
Shields have a unlisted modifier that are set by level. The skills that boost shield capacity boost these modifiers. The higher the shield capacity the lower the modifier. Lower capacity shields will get a much larger boost from shield booting skills than high capacity shields.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#8AlleRacingPosted 1/6/2013 6:34:12 PM
It's been that way since Borderlands 1. The extra capacity from Pangolin shields don't get boosted.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#9SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/6/2013 7:29:31 PM
Myself, I enjoy the Neogenator and a health relic on my Assasin.
Combined with a Legendary mod and 5 points in Innervate, he's pretty sturdy.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#10LazarusNecrosis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 10:10:06 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Shields have a unlisted modifier that are set by level. The skills that boost shield capacity boost these modifiers. The higher the shield capacity the lower the modifier. Lower capacity shields will get a much larger boost from shield booting skills than high capacity shields.

Wow. That's sad. I was really excited about having a huge cap shield for my Maya. :( That means it was intentional. Wonder why they would do that. That really sucks
---