Best Jakobs Sniper & Pistol

#11atomicbreathPosted 1/7/2013 7:50:19 AM
AlleRacing posted...
Buffalo is still very badass. Highest damage sniper rifle, especially on criticals. The Cobra is also great.

Do all buffalo snipers not have a scope or did I just get a bad version?
---
Fact because it's science. ==============================================
#12fakesnoop77Posted 1/7/2013 7:53:29 AM
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
Have you met Muckamucks? They are non-legendary blue or purple Jacobs snipers. And they rock. They are a random drop/find but I usually find at least a few each PT. Good damage, decent reload time, and damn fine accuracy. If you're lucky enough to get the Tumtum version, it will give you a critical hit bonus. That's my favorite model.

I agree. My lvl 50 Tumtum Mukkamuk totally rocks
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#13I have no namePosted 1/7/2013 7:56:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14SinisterBladePosted 1/7/2013 8:03:54 AM(edited)
The problem isnt the pairing with Bee, the glitched side effect nerfed all MP weapons, whether you have Bee or not. Its almost like they nerfed the combo, but forgot to 'restore' MP guns stats to default damage, even if The Bee isnt even in your backpack. MP guns w/o The Bee do much less DPS than they did without it before said nerf. Gearbox made a mistake unfortunately. The Bee itself is irrelevant, its the patch to nern the Bee that broke the game.

If you get used to using it and especially on Zer0, the buffalo is a behemoth.

The buffalo is the successor to BL1's Elephant Gun, which behaved the same. Thus, it has to spawn with certain traits. The flavor text dictates to the engine that every buffalo spawned must have no scope, supreme damage, high accuracy and a true bolt action, thus equating a low RoF. All buffalo's spawning have at least these traits in common, and then the RNG decides on prefixes and gun parts. So if you ever see a scoped buffalo its hacked, dont touch it.

---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#15bcon1208Posted 1/7/2013 12:47:04 PM
I have no name posted...
It's a legit weapon

No it isn't you cheating piece of ****.

As for actual legit weapons the Buffalo is a beast, especially if you get the Tumtum version.

lol wow someone's panties are in a bunch. Calm yourself down. It is a legit weapon. The only difference between the Jacob's rifle I made, and the almost completely identical one I have in my backpack is the grip. I made a replica and changed the grip to the one off of the Vladof rifle I also have. Raised the fire rate a bit to make it more useful. There isn't one thing about the gun that is "illegal". I've put enough hours into the game, and collected enough rifles to know. Many guns were close, but each one was missing one piece. So I researched enough to put the gun together myself. So yes, it is a legit weapon.

atomicbreath posted...
Do all buffalo snipers not have a scope or did I just get a bad version?

Yes all Jacob's Buffalo snipers do not have a scope. There "Buffalo" body makes it so that the rifle will not allow the scope. The gun is definitely one of the best for raw power though, and using it without a scope gets pretty easy, even at long range.
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#16devak108Posted 1/7/2013 1:23:17 PM(edited)
*High Fives Snoop & NinjaStar*

Muckamucks are super tight. I also have a couple niiice purple Jakob's Irons & Widowmakers (revolvers). Lv. 50 Gunstock Irons are pretty sweet. And yea of course Maggies are beautiful and Cobras..
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OhJJR8nBl4#t=0m10s
#17Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/7/2013 1:23:17 PM
devak108 posted...
*High Fives Snoop & NinjaStar*

Muckamucks are super tight. I also have a couple niiice purple Jakob's Irons (revolvers). Lv. 50 Gunstock Irons are pretty sweet. And yea of course Maggies are beautiful and Cobras..

i really like my tum tum muckamuck. just a simple sniper that does its job perfectly. no gimmicks. just a straight killer if you get a crit

as for pistols, aside from maggie, i really enjoy using law and greed.

any high level iron will work well too. all of these work wonders in the hands of zero. super easy to scores tons of crits in rapid succession.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#18devak108Posted 1/7/2013 1:24:56 PM
^How could I leave out Greed. Good call man, they're gorgeous. I'm just a total Jakob's man, love their equipment so much. By far my favorite manufacturer.
---
#19Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/7/2013 1:27:34 PM
devak108 posted...
^How could I leave out Greed. Good call man, they're gorgeous. I'm just a total Jakob's man, love their equipment so much. By far my favorite manufacturer.

i dont love their ARs, but i honestly wasnt really blown away by most of the ARs in this game. legendaries included.

i love jacobs revolvers and snipers though. and greed is a beauty. no speed loss while aiming down the sights and fire element. cant be beat against unarmored enemies for me.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#20devak108Posted 1/7/2013 1:32:04 PM(edited)
^I hear ya, but I dunno dude. My Deadshot Hammer Buster gets **** done. I give it to Zer0 and with all his critical bonuses it just destroys stuff. Overall I would agree with you though, their best stuff is snipers and pistols.
---