What would you like to see in Borderlands 3?

#71resealablePosted 1/8/2013 9:08:52 AM
Moukaryuu posted...
Custom weapons would kill balance and longevity of the game. No point in farming for a good weapon if you can just build one.

I'd like to see the vending machines not be completely worthless. Drop rates could be improved a smidge too.

Anything can be balanced. The way I would have the customization is nothing short of a raid mission that can be failed. Also, yes yes yes and yes on the vending machine.
---
GT: AmissStatistic1
#72ZahkimPosted 1/8/2013 9:32:17 AM
Follower quests!

that will really piss off the kids...
#73ZardoZsaysPosted 1/8/2013 11:33:42 AM
dahoros posted...
-Keep currency to cash and eridium
Add more things to spend eridium on, you should never run out of things, a Monster sized class skill which takes 60 per shot for example
-Ice element
so obvious, comeon GB
-all content doable while solo without glitching
can I get an amen or at minimum dont make said content the ONLY way to get the new loot
-4 people on one console
-more vehicle types (only 2 wtf)
meh, I'd settle for vehicle loot drops, new weapons and such
-body customization besides colors
whoa! What do you think this is 1998?!
-arenas where you pick challenges
i can dig it, sniper rifles only, go!
-more dungeon like areas
agreed, feel free to put the raid bosses at the end...
-boba fett
name is taken, they call him Gettle in this game and he's kinda weak
Also like 90% of BL2 was fine so don't remove much.

bolding mine

I would also like to see armor, legs/arms/chest/head which add to a single yellow armor bar. While armor is up your shield takes first damage and when depleted your armor blocks 50% of damage to health, 10% of blocked damage would apply to the armor and armor could only be repaired by armor boosers and vending machines.

Meelee weapon drops, seriously WTF
Idea lets make 50% of our skills meelee based and offer no variety or depth to the meelee!

Eridium gun mods! Each gun has a mod slot, only one mod can ever be added to a gun(and never removed) Gun mods would be destroy or use only they are non-droppable/sellable. Add elements, e-tech properties, red flava or just stats.

NO LEVEL CAP INCREASE! Quadruple the number of legendaries, skill points for class epic quests, have level 50+ areas stay 50+ and level 5 areas stay level 5..../rant
#74SylistaPosted 1/8/2013 1:41:05 PM
*Costumes. More than just recolouring. Maya in Lilith's outfit anyone?
*Plastic surgery. Love, say, Gaige's character design and voice but Maya's skill trees? Better pay a visit to your friendly neighbourhood back alley eridium surgeon. It could then become a skin option for purely offline play (for the sake of co-op.)
*The ability to pay eridium (or another special currency) to level up unique items. Love that shield you got from a level 8 quest but you're now level 35? Pay 20 eridium, watch the magic happen. AKA that awkward moment when you first discover the Flame of the Firehawk.

This post is also secretly a rant about it being impossible to play as a siren Gaige or as Lilith in place of Maya with a scaling Flame of the Firehawk shield (I want one I can actually use during PT1 for longer than 5 minutes, not PT2.5) in Borderlands 2.
---
Everyday I'm shufflin'. Except weekends and every alternate Tuesday. Oh, and most of August.
#75LusterPaladinPosted 1/8/2013 2:08:00 PM
They should re-do the loot system orange weapons are far too rare, and enemies should drop the weapon they are holding.
---
XboxGT: KING JAMI
Bossanova - Blue Bossanova
#76EyeOweU1Posted 1/8/2013 3:45:44 PM
1. I've loved the game and I think adding additional "slots" to your weapons would be a nice touch, similar to adding sockets to items in Diablo 2. Have whites have 1-4 slots, greens have 3, blues/purple have 2, and Legendaries get 1...but its all random. Not ALL weapons have to have a slot, just a chance to have one. Then let those slots fill equipment upgrades, like an extended clip gives 5-20% more ammo, scope that adds an "x-ray" feature to see critical hit locations, a grip that reduces recoil in pistols, SMGs and ARs, a bipod that reduces recoil and adds accuracy to sniper rifles, a improved firing bolt/pin that increases fire rate. That way legendaries would still be valuable, and a 3 slotted green sniper rifle with a firing bolt/magazine/scope upgrade would be powerful, but not quite powerful as a legendary weapon.. Make adding items cost eridium (like 10) and to remove (like 30 per part). That way eridium has a real value and isnt worthless after you get all your ammo upgrades.

2. Paying eridium/cash to upgrade your weapons (scale to your level) Make it expensive so its worth it. It also would be nice to pay eridium to make any weapon "e-tech"

3. Make the black market a REAL BLACK MARKET! Have him stocked with legendaries and e-tech weapons that require cash or eridium (or use a conversion. $30,000 = 1 eridium, and vise versa) Give him unique weapons only he could have a chance to spawn and make them expensive.
#77Knight_Rider_3KPosted 1/8/2013 4:11:16 PM
BOOBS

The more gratuitous nudity the better.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#78SilverosxPosted 1/8/2013 4:13:23 PM
Less loading screens.

Better PvP options.
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!
#79resealablePosted 1/8/2013 4:16:48 PM
The problem with any new feature involving weapon upgrades is that it will become exploitable right away. Making it cost a lot is pointless because the save system allows money duping and even if it used some point system like skill points, it runs the risk of being glitched just by existing. Putting a cap on the upgrades won't work either because both weapons and player level can be modded past 100. This would be no different
---
GT: AmissStatistic1
#80VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/9/2013 4:17:09 AM
resealable posted...
The problem with any new feature involving weapon upgrades is that it will become exploitable right away. Making it cost a lot is pointless because the save system allows money duping and even if it used some point system like skill points, it runs the risk of being glitched just by existing. Putting a cap on the upgrades won't work either because both weapons and player level can be modded past 100. This would be no different

And the only way it is exploitable is by choice, just like duping and modding. You have to choose to do it, plain and simple. If you choose not to, then it is no longer exploitable, and anyone else using it has no impact on your game.

Why people get so worked up by others cheating and using exploits, when it has no impact whatsoever on their game, will always be a mystery to me... Now, if said modders start bragging about "omg i haz da bestest lootz evar u shud b jelus cuz im teh awsum lulz," then sure, tell 'em to shut up. But when it has no impact on you, then YOU need to be the one to shut up.

(Not telling you, specifically, to shut up, resealable. That was a generic, collective "you," referring to the people who b**** incessantly [A] about how modders and cheaters [B] are ruining [A]'s games...)
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160