Stop Telling People...

#21AngryOldFeralPosted 1/8/2013 7:47:47 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Most of the people posting in opposition feel there's only one way yo play the game. You do realize you can create as many character as you like I have at least 8. You can get level 50 gear in PT.2.5 infinite times.

Not only that people that are clearly against farming have suggested to stop and farm/grind. All I'm suggesting is...just playing the game. There's a shard stash for a reason so you're able to twink characters for things like this.

I'm not really trying to argue anything I'm just offering up a different suggestion that would lead to far less frustration. Instead of locking people into thinking they only have one chance ever od getting level 50 quest rewards.

It's not "once chance ever". It's the difference between shaving off hours of leveling up and completing the game again with another character if you don't want to, all for the sake of a handful of good unique guns.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#22Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 8:05:13 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Most of the people posting in opposition feel there's only one way yo play the game. You do realize you can create as many character as you like I have at least 8. You can get level 50 gear in PT.2.5 infinite times.

Not only that people that are clearly against farming have suggested to stop and farm/grind. All I'm suggesting is...just playing the game. There's a shard stash for a reason so you're able to twink characters for things like this.

I'm not really trying to argue anything I'm just offering up a different suggestion that would lead to far less frustration. Instead of locking people into thinking they only have one chance ever od getting level 50 quest rewards.

It's not "once chance ever". It's the difference between shaving off hours of leveling up and completing the game again with another character if you don't want to, all for the sake of a handful of good unique guns.

"Shaving off hours"

I thought when entertaining ones self you seek to get your money's worth. If It's easier and it gives you incentive to replay how is that bad? Why would you wanna shave hours off.

Someone else made a point. If you don't plan on spending much time with the game why do you need level 50 gear anyway?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#23kiwimyweeweePosted 1/8/2013 8:35:22 PM
Theoretically you could do a thousand playthroughs and still not get the quest reward you want. You are better off rerolling for something like a slag melee rubi.

It depends on the player and what they want to do. If they want to beat the game and put it down, then do whatever. If they actually want to try to get the best gear or get specifics then rerolling one character is a less time consuming option.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#24Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 10:14:15 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
Theoretically you could do a thousand playthroughs and still not get the quest reward you want. You are better off rerolling for something like a slag melee rubi.

It depends on the player and what they want to do. If they want to beat the game and put it down, then do whatever. If they actually want to try to get the best gear or get specifics then rerolling one character is a less time consuming option.

Indeed, but I doubt the latter comment applies to players new to the series.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#25DanOverboardPosted 1/9/2013 5:34:05 AM
BigSai29 posted...
And if you so happen to hit a wall, you could actually kill stuff you can handle and level up. It's almost like it's an RPG.

This is what I like about this game. Though, I am not even close to TVHM even on my first (single-player) playthrough, I can still remember the old SNES RPG days of pacing around in certain areas sparking random battles trying to level-up. Gotta work to get what you want.
#26ICantNameGudPosted 1/9/2013 5:40:42 AM
This is a good post. I kind of enjoyed playing underleveled though, it was fun and challenging. A bit frustrating at times but eh. I imagine if you're in a group though that this would be much more pertinent information with the scaling.

I wonder if it's been long enough for me to do this on a new character and not remember every line of dialogue in the game >.>
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs