Possible to get to level 50 before 2nd playthrough?

#1sammogardPosted 1/8/2013 1:16:19 PM
i know it could take forever. but what if i joined a friends game on playthrough 2.5 and just sat around while he killed stuff. would this get me to level 50?

i've really close to end of the game and i wanted all mission based items to be at level 50.
#2MistaAtlasPosted 1/8/2013 1:25:02 PM
okay so keep playing friends game
---
GT:Wh0oIsJohnGalt
#3sammogard(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:26:45 PM
I heard you wont level up until you get to the 2nd play through thats the thing.

i bassically just want any item i get in 2nd playthrough from quests and missons to be level 50.
#4rationallunaticPosted 1/8/2013 1:36:40 PM
sammogard posted...
I heard you wont level up until you get to the 2nd play through thats the thing.

i bassically just want any item i get in 2nd playthrough from quests and missons to be level 50.

If you have a friend who can invite you to a higher Playthrough, then yes, you can hit level 50.
---
Want the other gamers to know you really mean business? Well just try adding a few more "x's" to your gamertag.
#5Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/8/2013 1:38:43 PM
dude, PT2 is not scaled to your level. things only scale up to 50 after you beat the main quest in PT2 and start what is referred to as PT2.5.

your quest rewards will not be scaled to level 50 until that point. you are probebly going to be pretty bored playing through the quest again because you will be extremely over leveled compared to most things until the end
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#6AtairPosted 1/8/2013 1:44:18 PM
sammogard posted...

Well, it may take a good while, but your character can certainly get to Level 50 while you are on your first play through. It certainly speeds up the process if you join someone who is already in Part 2.5.

However, I think that you are asking about the missions and rewards getting to Level 50 while you are on your first play through. I do not think that this will happen, and they probably won't get much higher than Level 30 while you are still on your first play through, even if your character is at Level 50.

If you are interested in trophies, then do all of the side quest missions while you are on your first play through (normal mode). Once you get to True Vault Hunter Mode, then do only the main story missions, and skip all of the side quest missions. Once you finish your TVHM playthrough, all of the side quest missions should be at Level 50.
---
The time when someone could have finally and forever closed shut the Flaws of Oblivion.....has long passed.