Is there another character in development? Also, Gaige question.

#1StaticnovaPosted 1/8/2013 2:53:52 PM
Any news on another character DLC? Would love to see what else they can come up with.

Also, is Gaige easy mode or something? There was that whole thing about the "girlfriend tree". No more characters like that, please.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Borderlands 2
#2SilverosxPosted 1/8/2013 3:47:17 PM
Staticnova posted...
Any news on another character DLC? Would love to see what else they can come up with.

They're making one.

Also, is Gaige easy mode or something? There was that whole thing about the "girlfriend tree". No more characters like that, please.

All based on the user's skill with her. Any character can be easy mode.
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!
#3PensatoPosted 1/8/2013 3:55:32 PM
Silverosx posted...
Staticnova posted...

They're making one.

And gear. Regardless, some characters are obviously more op and easy to play than others. Gaige is one of those. As for the girlfriend tree, that was a joke. The developers were just stating how Gaige was more "user friendly" for people not use to playing FPS. This was all explained like a month before the game even came out.
#4AlleRacingPosted 1/8/2013 4:33:31 PM
It wasn't even Gearbox that made that comment.

Anyway, Gaige is certainly powerful, but not game-breakingly so.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#5Staticnova(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 4:53:17 PM(edited)
Silverosx posted...

They're making one.

Nice.

Silverosx posted...

Judging by the developer's own comments about her, she sounds at least easier than the other characters.

Pensato posted...

As for the girlfriend tree, that was a joke.

Oh, I know. I've watched breakdown videos of her skill trees. Was just going along with it.

Pensato posted...

The developers were just stating how Gaige was more "user friendly" for people not use to playing FPS.

I know, but it just seems odd to me. I'm not sure the people that it caters to are the type of people who'd be interested in games like this in the first place. And if this really is the first FPS for some people out there, there can't be many of them. I also feel that the people wanting to try an FPS are smart enough not to dive into an RPG-centric one. Lastly, she's a DLC; the people not even used to shooters would surely adjust to the genre first, let alone buy a separate pack just for a slightly easier time.

Pensato posted...

This was all explained like a month before the game even came out.

I didn't follow the game's development. I really wanted the first one when it came out, but didn't get around to it. I never really looked into this one, but I imagined it to be a game I'd really enjoy. I saw it in the Steam Christmas sale a couple weeks ago and picked it up. Glad I did; I'm thoroughly impressed. I'd have happily paid full price, frankly.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
#6killbot357Posted 1/8/2013 4:54:34 PM
She's easier if you focus entirely on Best Friends Forever, maybe. Organized Chaos is probably the most difficult skill tree to use in the game, and Little Big Trouble is just rad as hell.
---
Currently playing: Minecraft: FTB, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#7Staticnova(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 5:05:48 PM
killbot357 posted...
She's easier if you focus entirely on Best Friends Forever, maybe. Organized Chaos is probably the most difficult skill tree to use in the game, and Little Big Trouble is just rad as hell.

Yeah, Organised Chaos seems really interesting. Neat little concept.
---
#8VipmastermindPosted 1/8/2013 8:49:24 PM

organized chaos has anarchy and blood-soaked shields. everything about gaige is awesomely op
---
GT: Ross081391
#9BigSai29Posted 1/8/2013 9:05:31 PM
Organized Chaos is probably the most difficult skill tree to use in the game,

LOL, killbot needs a firmware update.
#10killbot357Posted 1/8/2013 9:11:41 PM
BigSai29 posted...
Organized Chaos is probably the most difficult skill tree to use in the game,

LOL, killbot needs a firmware update.

Difficult in terms of how complicated it is compared to everyone else's skill trees, BigSal.
---
Currently playing: Minecraft: FTB, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2