How is Thoughtlock for Maya?

#1BigRobb2389Posted 1/8/2013 11:19:11 PM
I'm building my Siren now, and It sounds amazing to me, why have an enemy frozen in mid-air when you can have them fighting for you?

Does it work as well in actual practice?

With the other skills like suspension and quicken, it seems like it'd be possible to have a near-constant ally/meat shield on the field.

Is it as awesome as it sounds, is pretty much what I am asking.

Also, does Converge, pulls enemy towards the phaselocked target work every time phaselock jumps to another target if you have sub-sequence?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#2EirePrincePosted 1/8/2013 11:43:06 PM
Yes, yes it does. From what I've messed around with it, it works fairly well. There are a few things that are annoying, like enemies have 1-2 second animation when they get hit. The timer also counts down while the orb is moving to someone new. And iirc Phaselock only lasts 10.5 seconds with the right skills.
#3w00dy925Posted 1/9/2013 3:42:56 AM
BigRobb2389 posted...
I'm building my Siren now, and It sounds amazing to me, why have an enemy frozen in mid-air when you can have them fighting for you?

Does it work as well in actual practice?

With the other skills like suspension and quicken, it seems like it'd be possible to have a near-constant ally/meat shield on the field.

Is it as awesome as it sounds, is pretty much what I am asking.

Also, does Converge, pulls enemy towards the phaselocked target work every time phaselock jumps to another target if you have sub-sequence?

When i was doing my first 2 playthroughs, i had my siren set up(not sure the names of the skill tree i used) with an extremely long phaselock, and the phaselocked enemy would get slagged, corroded, and set ablaze, and the surrounding enemies would get pulled into the phaselock, and i would just dump on them as a whole, it was great.
Now all do is farm, so im mainly with 2 or 3 randoms, so i specced my siren to do health regen, and rez. And shoot a huge slag orb, so it helpsout immensely. Depemds how you play. In a party? Rez and health regen. Solo? Offensive builds.
#4EirePrincePosted 1/9/2013 7:58:24 PM
Ruin+Converge might be a tad better honestly. Because as the poster above me said. Slag, Corrode, Burn, and Shock on multiple enemies is amazing.

But... If you like Thoughtlock. Go for it. I change to it every now and then when I want to play a little differently and I in no way hate it.
#5capnovanPosted 1/9/2013 8:24:36 PM
BigRobb2389 posted...

Yes.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!