What equipment do you guys use for soloing raid bosses?

#1fakesnoop77Posted 1/9/2013 2:03:05 AM
Just curious.....

Im talking Pete/Hyperius/Terra
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#2w00dy925Posted 1/9/2013 2:49:59 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Just curious.....

Im talking Pete/Hyperius/Terra

I only farm pete nowadays. I use:

Alkaline the bee shield
Redundant fibber(non elemental) to take his shield down quick
Normal sandhawk once shields are eliminated
Sticky longbow quazar nade
Legendary siren mod
Blood of terra relic(.5 health regen)

Use the sherriffs badge with pistol dmg though. I acxidentally sold mine lol

I solo him in around 3 mins.
#3SpaceCadetGlow7Posted 1/9/2013 2:56:44 AM
For the challenge:

Terramorphous (no legendaries):

Maya:
Plasma Caster - (Hyperion E-tech SMG, Fire element)
Moxxi's Rubi (Pistol, Fire element, 12% of the damage it deals heals you, used for healing)
Moxxi's SMG (the fire one, only used in Fight for Your Life if Plasma Caster is out of ammo)
Moxxi's Creamer (RPG, 2.5% damage heals you, panic mode healing if Rubi is out of ammo)
(Will also need a good SMG that isn't fire damage for when Terra gets to his fire stages and back up guns for when SMG ammo runs out)

-Shield with low delay and high recharge, like a Tediore purple
-Wild Cat Class Mod (94% SMG damage boost)
-Longbow or homing Mirv type grenade (throw grenade then switch to Rubi and the grenade damage heals you)
-SMG stockpile relic and switch to SMG +30% damage when ammo gets below 1260(this is what I used, but a Hyperion Damage+30% and Reload Speed + relic would be better)

Strategy: Use the rock on the ramp that leads to the exit to avoid most of Terramorphous' attacks, while shooting at his eyes and using Phaselock + Ruin to keep Terra slagged. Kill tentacles fast, especially rock throwing and beam tentacles. Use Rubi to heal yourself, can throw grenades and get healed while Rubi is out too. Hyperion version of Plasma Caster is great for Second Wind because it gains accuracy as you fire it, use Moxxi's Touch instead of reloading if you have to. Use a non-fire SMG when it's in it's fire stages. Running out of ammo almost definitely will happen, so have a back up gun ready. I used a Vladof sniper til that ran out and then a Vladof pistol, switching to a Trickster class mod and Sniper damage+30% then Sheriff's Badge relic.

Hyperius (tough enough as it is, didn't try without legendaries):
-Hornet pistol (corrosive)
-Moxxi's Rubi (element doesn't matter)
-Infinity pistol (corrosive)
-Sandhawk (SMG, no element)

-Bee Shield
-Warder Class mod (Shield +10000, Ward+6)
-Singularity or Homing Mirv Grenade (for healing yourself with the Rubi equipped, much faster than transfusion grenades)
-Shield Relic (mine has 29% capacity, 29% recharge rate)

Strategy: Hide behind the pipe near the entrance as much as possible, kill three of the minions, leave one alive then alternate between hurting the last minion and shooting Hyperius with the Sandhawk when his shield is down, use the Rubi + grenades to stay alive. Really tough to solo, took lots of tries and the only successful time I barely managed to get a second wind off of Hyperius.

Master Gee:
Singularity grenades
Kill sandworms and get him to absorb the poison effect, use singularity grenades to pull him towards the center of the puddles. Once his shield is down, run and hide behind the rock at the entrance... Go find something else to do for 15-20 minutes, he dies from poison.

Pete:
Not sure, haven't tried to solo yet.

Vermivorous:
Same as Pete. Never solo'd yet.

Easy Mode:
Use Bee Shield + Redundant Fibber or use the Evil Smasher glitch (see youtube)
#4w00dy925Posted 1/9/2013 3:16:42 AM
SpaceCadetGlow7 posted...
For the challenge:

Terramorphous (no legendaries):

Maya:
Plasma Caster - (Hyperion E-tech SMG, Fire element)
Moxxi's Rubi (Pistol, Fire element, 12% of the damage it deals heals you, used for healing)
Moxxi's SMG (the fire one, only used in Fight for Your Life if Plasma Caster is out of ammo)
Moxxi's Creamer (RPG, 2.5% damage heals you, panic mode healing if Rubi is out of ammo)
(Will also need a good SMG that isn't fire damage for when Terra gets to his fire stages and back up guns for when SMG ammo runs out)

-Shield with low delay and high recharge, like a Tediore purple
-Wild Cat Class Mod (94% SMG damage boost)
-Longbow or homing Mirv type grenade (throw grenade then switch to Rubi and the grenade damage heals you)
-SMG stockpile relic and switch to SMG +30% damage when ammo gets below 1260(this is what I used, but a Hyperion Damage+30% and Reload Speed + relic would be better)

Strategy: Use the rock on the ramp that leads to the exit to avoid most of Terramorphous' attacks, while shooting at his eyes and using Phaselock + Ruin to keep Terra slagged. Kill tentacles fast, especially rock throwing and beam tentacles. Use Rubi to heal yourself, can throw grenades and get healed while Rubi is out too. Hyperion version of Plasma Caster is great for Second Wind because it gains accuracy as you fire it, use Moxxi's Touch instead of reloading if you have to. Use a non-fire SMG when it's in it's fire stages. Running out of ammo almost definitely will happen, so have a back up gun ready. I used a Vladof sniper til that ran out and then a Vladof pistol, switching to a Trickster class mod and Sniper damage+30% then Sheriff's Badge relic.

Hyperius (tough enough as it is, didn't try without legendaries):
-Hornet pistol (corrosive)
-Moxxi's Rubi (element doesn't matter)
-Infinity pistol (corrosive)
-Sandhawk (SMG, no element)

-Bee Shield
-Warder Class mod (Shield +10000, Ward+6)
-Singularity or Homing Mirv Grenade (for healing yourself with the Rubi equipped, much faster than transfusion grenades)
-Shield Relic (mine has 29% capacity, 29% recharge rate)

Strategy: Hide behind the pipe near the entrance as much as possible, kill three of the minions, leave one alive then alternate between hurting the last minion and shooting Hyperius with the Sandhawk when his shield is down, use the Rubi + grenades to stay alive. Really tough to solo, took lots of tries and the only successful time I barely managed to get a second wind off of Hyperius.

Master Gee:
Singularity grenades
Kill sandworms and get him to absorb the poison effect, use singularity grenades to pull him towards the center of the puddles. Once his shield is down, run and hide behind the rock at the entrance... Go find something else to do for 15-20 minutes, he dies from poison.

Pete:
Not sure, haven't tried to solo yet.

Vermivorous:
Same as Pete. Never solo'd yet.

Easy Mode:
Use Bee Shield + Redundant Fibber or use the Evil Smasher glitch (see youtube)

Not sure if last part was a jab at me. I farm for legendaries, so i try and kill as soon as possible. Im over the "challenge" part of it. I dont have all day. The drop rates in this game requirew many kills, not 5 a whole day taking 2 hours to drop the boss. But if not, good tips mate;)
#5SpaceCadetGlow7Posted 1/9/2013 3:41:54 AM
Not a jab. :/ lol. I just like to kill them once the hard way before I switch to easy mode. Btw, that was post-patch Terra without legendaries, with about an hour of trial and error and learning. Hyperius took much longer, about 2 hours of deaths. Ever since then it's just speed kills for farming purposes... with nothing to show for it.. But I think my luck is turning around, I just got a near perfect Hornet drop from Knuckledragger and a very good Longbow Bonus Package from Bewn about 5 minutes later.
#6havok718Posted 1/9/2013 4:59:07 AM(edited)
Pete is extremely easy to solo. Find the rafter that's not touching the wall (has enough space so you can go all the way around it). Now just hide back there and shoot him while moving along the wall so he keeps running back and forth trying to reach you. I'm pretty sure just being behind the rafter will block his AOE dots (even though its not actually a solid wall), but just in case the solid sheet metal on the side will 100% block them, so put that between you and him when he does the animation for the AOE.

Verm is even easier once you get him to spawn. Just stay in the house or the big warehouse. He can't attack you at all, but his body will clip through the buildings so you can shoot those parts. Killed him in under 20 seconds once when his butt clipped through and it was free criticals.
#7fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 4:14:54 AM
I can solo Terra/Gee/Hyperius etc with no problems (maybe the occasional mistake)

I was just curious to see what you guys use equipment wise? I was not looking for tips on how to beat them (I have my own methods to beat them solo)

For Terra I usually use my Gunzerker to solo him using DP Unkempt Herold/Infinity with aggresion relic and Bee sheild

For Gee I will use my Assassin and use decoy to attract him to the corrosive goo from worms then finish him off with Baby Maker + Tediore Relic 30/70. This method takes a while as I drag him over a lot of dead worm holes until he has a fraction of health left.

For Hyperius I also Assassin and use a method similar to that posted by Spacecadetglow7
---
#8fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 5:59:25 AM
bump. Still curious.
---
#9SilverosxPosted 1/9/2013 7:13:45 AM(edited)
I only solo Pete because of his loot pool, Terra when I run out of Eridium. This is an easy setup.

Salvador, DP Unkempt Harold in the left hand (from Torgue machine), Creamer in the right (Slaughter Dome quest reward). Berserker class mod with +5/6 Last Longer. Slag Bouncing Betty grenade, though slag weapons are just as good.

Any shield or relic will do because with the gear above the choice is irrelevant (one shield is REQUIRED though for skill tree procs). I personally run adaptive shield and explosive damage relic.

Build: http://www.bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#400000000005255010115155000050000

The 2 points in Filled to the Brim are to put my Harold's mag size to 25, since it comsumes 6 bullets per shot and that allows me an extra shot per reload. 1 point in Yippie Ki Yay just because my class mod has it also.

Only shoot with Harold and NOT Creamer, slag when necessary (Pete only, Terra shrugs off slag quick). Battling Pete takes about a minute, and I never use the water.

PS: I've also killed Hyperius and Gee easily with this setup, but they suck loot wise.
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!
#10SilverosxPosted 1/9/2013 7:15:40 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
I can solo Terra/Gee/Hyperius etc with no problems (maybe the occasional mistake)

I was just curious to see what you guys use equipment wise? I was not looking for tips on how to beat them (I have my own methods to beat them solo

I'm sure someone else will enjoy the tips though :) the topic title is alluring.
---
My posts come with muffins. Take only one per post.
Don't flame me, or the muffins will BURN!