Zer0 or Maya for new playthrough?

#1KaBoom1322Posted 1/9/2013 7:10:54 AM
Hi

I have played borderlands with my gunzerker class for 45 hours above.I have decided to try out another character,I am either going to use Zer0 or maya(i would use Axton but a turret doing all the work sounds boring)My question is would people recomend playing Zer0 or Maya(it is a solo playthrough)And also what are the best skills for a build.

Thanks.
#2minsterXYZPosted 1/9/2013 7:15:20 AM
Neither is very good untill they are high level. I like zero, but turning invisible isn't as useful as it sounds. Maya is a beast if you go down the cataclysm tree. She was my first LV50, so I recomend her.
---
Gamertag xXGunx4xH1R3xXx
#3Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/9/2013 7:18:00 AM
im using zer0 right now and im really enjoying it. havnt played as maya yet, so i cant comment, but i think im going to play her next. zer0 is a crit machine, but he is likely going to feel pretty squishy to you after playing sal. he is going to have a tougher time wading into a crowd and absorbing shots, but he can also shred entire crowds without taking a hit

id say either one would give you a pretty good change of pace from Sal.

from experience, axton is really a lot of fun too. if you play him well, hes a lot more than letting the turret do all the work.

i loved him for playing SP because the turret is really good for drawing aggro from you. or you could always just go the explosives route and just blow everything up.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#4KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:20:48 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
im using zer0 right now and im really enjoying it. havnt played as maya yet, so i cant comment, but i think im going to play her next. zer0 is a crit machine, but he is likely going to feel pretty squishy to you after playing sal. he is going to have a tougher time wading into a crowd and absorbing shots, but he can also shred entire crowds without taking a hit

id say either one would give you a pretty good change of pace from Sal.

from experience, axton is really a lot of fun too. if you play him well, hes a lot more than letting the turret do all the work.

i loved him for playing SP because the turret is really good for drawing aggro from you. or you could always just go the explosives route and just blow everything up.

i would like to snipe with Zer0,but i've heard sniping is a lot weaker than his up close skills.Also I am probably gonna be rubbish at first without health regen all the time and 2 guns.
#5innersmokePosted 1/9/2013 7:26:11 AM
Maya, there's too many zeros out there. Co-op players love when a maya shows up. If you use res as well, they won't want to let you die
---
GT- Innersmoke
#6fakesnoop77Posted 1/9/2013 7:26:25 AM
I might get some stick here but I actually find Zer0 to be the best character although I have not played with Gaige as yet.

I enjoy the Deception skill and maxing out Bloodshed is fun especially if you have the Rapier, Love Thumper, Bladed Tattler, Law and Order in your inventory.

The amount of damage you can deal with a melee Zer0 is unreal. I'm taking millions here.

It's fun to max out bore as well and use an Infinity to 'one hit' some bosses.

My Zer0 looks cool as f*** with the Dark Knight skin too
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#7KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:32:08 AM
At high levels is Zer0 powerful playing Solo?
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/9/2013 7:38:21 AM(edited)
fakesnoop77 posted...
I might get some stick here but I actually find Zer0 to be the best character although I have not played with Gaige as yet.

I enjoy the Deception skill and maxing out Bloodshed is fun especially if you have the Rapier, Love Thumper, Bladed Tattler, Law and Order in your inventory.

The amount of damage you can deal with a melee Zer0 is unreal. I'm taking millions here.

It's fun to max out bore as well and use an Infinity to 'one hit' some bosses.

My Zer0 looks cool as f*** with the Dark Knight skin too

im rolling a 1 shot sniper build right now. giving me +4 to the 1 shot 1 kill skill.

it gives a total of +%104 damage to the 1st shot of a magazine. that along with zero's quick reloading makes sniper shots brutal.

the best thing though is that my infinity has effectively double + damage.

those combined with either rubi or law and order and im set. loving this build ATM.

hes a bit of a glass cannon, but definitely usable. he dishes out tons of damage, but has trouble absorbing. there are a few items that help his survivability a lot, like a good rubi, or law and order. he also has a class mod that adds HP and health regen if you really want it
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#9fakesnoop77Posted 1/9/2013 7:34:13 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...

Like what I said earlier, Zero can be made to be a beast. You just need to know what works best with him
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#10KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:37:15 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

Like what I said earlier, Zero can be made to be a beast. You just need to know what works best with him

I have decided to play a zer0 bloodshed build.You told me some good equipment in your other post.Is there any skills that you would definately recomend getting?