Zer0 or Maya for new playthrough?

#11Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/9/2013 7:42:10 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
At high levels is Zer0 powerful playing Solo?

Like what I said earlier, Zero can be made to be a beast. You just need to know what works best with him

I have decided to play a zer0 bloodshed build.You told me some good equipment in your other post.Is there any skills that you would definately recomend getting?

the skills are pretty easy to judge in bloodshed. best thing to remember about playing bloodshed is that you dont HAVE to only use melee. a good gun is still a good gun. you can still snipe well. particularly if you throw a few points into the sniper tree when you have some to spare.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#12KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:44:50 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

Like what I said earlier, Zero can be made to be a beast. You just need to know what works best with him

I have decided to play a zer0 bloodshed build.You told me some good equipment in your other post.Is there any skills that you would definately recomend getting?

the skills are pretty easy to judge in bloodshed. best thing to remember about playing bloodshed is that you dont HAVE to only use melee. a good gun is still a good gun. you can still snipe well. particularly if you throw a few points into the sniper tree when you have some to spare.

Thanks,i might go about 25% of my skill points into sniping and 75% into bloodshed.
#13fakesnoop77Posted 1/9/2013 7:51:02 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

Go with something like this but feel free to play around with it as you acquire mods; -

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#000000000005050110004550315541

Equipment wise; -

Law Pistol
Order Shield
Love Thumper Shield
Buffalo Sniper
Rapier (DLC)
Bladed Tattler (DLC/Seraph)
Strength Relic (30%)
Skullmasher
White Death
Infinity (I use electric)
Hyde of Terramorphus Shield
Moxxi Rubi
Transfusion Grenade Mods
Tumtum Mukkamuk Sniper
Lascaux SMG
Two'fer Maggie
Morningstar Sniper

There are lots more, these are off the top of my head.
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#14Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/9/2013 7:54:52 AM
tbqh, id go sniping first. stop at Kill Confirmed, then go on to Bloodshed.

and whoever said that Sniping sucks is an idiot. as ive said countless times, my first full playthrough was snipers only (1-50, TVHM).
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-5
#15KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:08:41 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

Go with something like this but feel free to play around with it as you acquire mods; -

Equipment wise; -

Law Pistol
Order Shield
Love Thumper Shield
Buffalo Sniper
Rapier (DLC)
Bladed Tattler (DLC/Seraph)
Strength Relic (30%)
Skullmasher
White Death
Infinity (I use electric)
Hyde of Terramorphus Shield
Moxxi Rubi
Transfusion Grenade Mods
Tumtum Mukkamuk Sniper
Lascaux SMG
Two'fer Maggie
Morningstar Sniper

is he still strong without the DLC items?
#16fakesnoop77Posted 1/10/2013 5:16:16 AM
Put it this way, the Rapier is the best melee weapon to use as the bonus is 200% melee damage.

Law is the second best at 100% so is still beastly with the Love Thumper Shield. If you equip the Order Shield with Law then you also get a healing effect on par with damage dealt instead of additional Roid damage with the Love Thumper.

You should be able to do just as well without the DLC items to be honest.

Keep on the look out for good Snipers, Jackobs guns in general and everything else I previously listed.
---
#17KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:20:24 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Put it this way, the Rapier is the best melee weapon to use as the bonus is 200% melee damage.

Law is the second best at 100% so is still beastly with the Love Thumper Shield. If you equip the Order Shield with Law then you also get a healing effect on par with damage dealt instead of additional Roid damage with the Love Thumper.

You should be able to do just as well without the DLC items to be honest.

Keep on the look out for good Snipers, Jackobs guns in general and everything else I previously listed.

Thanks, i have him at lv 12 already.I thought i would die a lot but i have only died 3 times he is a crit God.(what lv would you recomend i respec to the bloodshed tree?)
#18fakesnoop77Posted 1/10/2013 5:27:58 AM
I specced staright into Bloodshed from the start because I new he would be awesome as a melee character.

It really depends on your playstyle, I prefer melee to sniping but that just me. You can always respec at Sanctuary to find the style that suits you best.

In later levels like Caustic Caverns, melee becomes a god-send due to all the vakrids that constantly run around your feet.

In Lynchwood it's a different story. That place is perfect for sniping bandits. So yeah, I always respec depending on the challenge ahead.
---
#19KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:30:51 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
I specced staright into Bloodshed from the start because I new he would be awesome as a melee character.

It really depends on your playstyle, I prefer melee to sniping but that just me. You can always respec at Sanctuary to find the style that suits you best.

In later levels like Caustic Caverns, melee becomes a god-send due to all the vakrids that constantly run around your feet.

In Lynchwood it's a different story. That place is perfect for sniping bandits. So yeah, I always respec depending on the challenge ahead.

I will probably respec at lv 15 for 5/5 in Backstab.
#20LusterPaladinPosted 1/10/2013 5:43:57 AM(edited)
KaBoom1322 posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

Your build is quite flawed. Grim gets rid of Roid damage from Shields, and you should definitely max out Followthrough and Like the Wind. Resurgence is also pretty bad, Law/Order or a Rubi do a much better job of healing you and Resurgence doesn't restore health from execute melees.
---
XboxGT: KING JAMI
Bossanova - Blue Bossanova