Zer0 or Maya for new playthrough?

#31megaddtdPosted 1/10/2013 11:21:26 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
At high levels is Zer0 powerful playing Solo?

Like what I said earlier, Zero can be made to be a beast. You just need to know what works best with him

I have decided to play a zer0 bloodshed build.You told me some good equipment in your other post.Is there any skills that you would definately recomend getting?

My two cents: Bl00dshed is great in play-through one, but in PT2 it became weak pretty fast. I wound up respecing to Cunning and putting the extra points in Bl00dshed.

My final Zer0 build, which I used to solo most of PT2, was:

CUNNING:
C0unter Strike 5
Ambush 5
Rising Sh0t 5
Death Mark 1
Unf0rseen 4
Innervate 5
Death Bl0ss0m 1
BL00DSHED:
Killing Bl0w 5
Grim 5
Execute 1
Backstab 5
Resurgence 3

I did pretty well with this. There were, however, times when I opted to switch the Bl00dshed points with Sniping and that seemed to work as well.
#32havok718Posted 1/10/2013 12:12:16 PM
havok718 posted...
Maya has a melee build too. 100% chance to deflect bullets (complete immunity against fire arms, except elemental/explosive), like 10% of damage done returned as health, 50% faster run speed, 500k damage phaselock. Destroys everything but invincible bosses. Against everything else you are unkillable. Run into the middle of 50 enemies, doesnt matter.

Yes please, share the mod, relic, items, guns, shield, you are using with this build :)

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=211004
#33captain_tylorPosted 1/10/2013 1:31:41 PM
Yes, 10 levels of Kinetic Reflection gives you immunity to bullets, but grenades, melee and wildlife still can kill you. Still, Maya is very good.

Zer0... Playing full melee build is very special experience, and in a way, very powerful. But hard to pull and had lot of problems against some enemies. And yes, sniping branch is very disappointing. About anyone else is better with sniper rifle than Zer0.
#34megaddtdPosted 1/11/2013 8:32:50 AM
captain_tylor posted...
Yes, 10 levels of Kinetic Reflection gives you immunity to bullets, but grenades, melee and wildlife still can kill you. Still, Maya is very good.

Zer0... Playing full melee build is very special experience, and in a way, very powerful. But hard to pull and had lot of problems against some enemies. And yes, sniping branch is very disappointing. About anyone else is better with sniper rifle than Zer0.

That's just not true about the sniping. Zer0 gets critical hit buffs, reload speed buffs, zoom buffs, accuracy buffs, weapon flinch buffs for snipers (and other weapons for a few of those) and when in Deception he gets pin-point accuracy. Sniper Zer0 can even hip fire snipers like they were pistols.