PC patch notes

#21BigSai29Posted 1/9/2013 12:55:03 PM
It does affect me. I shouldn't have to spend an hour going from game to game or kicking people from mine to find a group that isn't killing every enemy and boss in seconds with exploits, dupes and mods.Douchebags like you who can't play without a crutch ruin every online game for people who don't cheat.

We can only hope your ability to differentiate between a cheater/exploiter and a legit player with good gear is the total opposite of your reading comprehension skills. It is with utmost sincerity that I do not intend to disrespect, but as it is, making the claim I am making would understandably lead to butt devastation.
#22I have no namePosted 1/9/2013 12:57:14 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
I have no name posted...
Shichika posted...
Bc people hate glitches being in the game that dont effect them unless you use them themselves.

It does affect me. I shouldn't have to spend an hour going from game to game or kicking people from mine to find a group that isn't killing every enemy and boss in seconds with exploits, dupes and mods.Douchebags like you who can't play without a crutch ruin every online game for people who don't cheat.

sooo...

You want to nerf what other people enjoy, because it somehow affects your enjoyment?

Nothin' selfish about that. At all.

Yeah just like those stupid selfish people who want to nerf my flying invincible rocket launcher mod in Red Faction. They can just go host their own games and stop whining about something that doesn't affect them.
---
You're the stranger, ain'tcha? Are you looking for a nice, clean place to stay?
Madam, I had a nice clean place to stay... and I left it, to come here.
#23Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/9/2013 1:01:08 PM
are you seriously comparing Borderlands to any competitive shooter?

LMAO

regardless, there is an obvious solution: seperate matchmaking hoppers.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-5
#24I have no namePosted 1/9/2013 1:10:27 PM(edited)
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

LMAO

Explain how it's different aside from the fact that in Red Faction the cheaters shoot the player instead of AI enemies.

In both cases it's someone abusing an exploit to become far more powerful than any legitimate player could.

In both cases it sucks the fun out of the game for legit players since the cheater is just blasting everything to death in seconds.

In both cases the cheaters whine that it's fun so they're gonna keep doing it regardless of what the developers say.

In both cases the cheaters dismiss any complaint by pointing out that legit players can just host their own games.

In both cases the cheaters don't see any disconnect between 'my cheating doesn't affect you' and 'well if you don't like getting stuck with cheaters than just completely avoid the game's multiplayer and only play with a handful of people you know personally'

So please explain to me what makes them so laughably incomparable.
---
#25RaynofettPosted 1/9/2013 1:11:14 PM
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

LMAO

Explain how it's different aside from the fact that in Red Faction the cheaters shoot the player instead of AI enemies.

In both cases it's someone abusing an exploit to become far more powerful than any legitimate player could.

In both cases it sucks the fun out of the game for legit players since the cheater is just blasting everything to death in seconds.

In both cases the cheaters whine that it's fun so they're gonna keep doing it.

In both cases the cheaters dismiss any complaint by pointing out that legit players can just host their own games.

In both cases the cheaters don't see any disconnect between 'my cheating doesn't affect you' and 'well if you don't like cheating then just completely avoid the games multiplayer and only play with a handful of people you know personally'

explain to me how my evil smasher closed game that i have with my friends, when set to invite only has any effect on you at all?

I've killed every boss in the game without the bee or conference call. I just don't have the time to spend "farming" for hours to get nothing.
---
GT: Raynofett
#26drake_skullPosted 1/9/2013 1:13:22 PM
Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.

This made me laugh. Also goodbye gunzerking glitch. Not that I used that but lol, they fix and take away with each patch.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#27I have no namePosted 1/9/2013 1:15:31 PM
Raynofett posted...
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

LMAO

In both cases the cheaters don't see any disconnect between 'my cheating doesn't affect you' and 'well if you don't like cheating then just completely avoid the games multiplayer and only play with a handful of people you know personally'

explain to me how my evil smasher closed game that i have with my friends, when set to invite only has any effect on you at all?

It doesn't. In the same way me playing Red Faction's single player with no_clip and infinite ammo doesn't affect anybody.

The thing is that we both know damn well that the vast majority of cheaters are not restricting themselves to offline.
---
#28RaynofettPosted 1/9/2013 1:19:27 PM
I have no name posted...
Raynofett posted...
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

LMAO

It doesn't. In the same way me playing Red Faction's single player with no_clip and infinite ammo doesn't affect anybody.

The thing is that we both know damn well that the vast majority of cheaters are not restricting themselves to offline.

Fair enough and i will agree that a vast majority of them will not restrict themselves.

But in all reality, this is gearbox.....they will create another evil smasher when they get rid of this one.
---
#29RaynofettPosted 1/9/2013 1:23:57 PM
on a side note check out what some pc players found in this patch!

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=223673

I'm not sure if many people knew this but Tediore reloads WERE affected by the multi-pellet glitch.

I don't know the exact mechanics behind this but two plausible scenarios occurred:

1. Damage bonuses were not applied to each shot of a Tediore reload AT ALL and only the actual reload explosion.

OR

2. All your damage bonuses were divided between all the shots of a Tediore magazine. If you have 50% gun damage and a 50 magazine Tediore weapon, you only get 1% to the actual throw.

I'll do more testing but for now it seems they're back to the way it was minus the amp damage per pellet.
---
#30Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/9/2013 1:24:00 PM
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

LMAO

In both cases the cheaters whine that it's fun so they're gonna keep doing it regardless of what the developers say.

In both cases the cheaters don't see any disconnect between 'my cheating doesn't affect you' and 'well if you don't like getting stuck with cheaters than just completely avoid the game's multiplayer and only play with a handful of people you know personally'

i guess i need to spell it out.

BORDERLANDS ISNT A COMPETITIVE SHOOTER. YOU CANNOT COMPARE THEM.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-5