PC patch notes

#31I have no namePosted 1/9/2013 12:34:24 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
are you seriously comparing Borderlands to any competitive shooter?

LMAO

regardless, there is an obvious solution: seperate matchmaking hoppers.

Explain how it's different aside from the fact that in Red Faction the cheaters shoot the player instead of AI enemies.

In both cases it's someone abusing an exploit to become far more powerful than any legitimate player could.

In both cases it sucks the fun out of the game for legit players since the cheater is just blasting everything to death in seconds.

In both cases the cheaters whine that it's fun so they're gonna keep doing it regardless of what the developers say.

In both cases the cheaters dismiss any complaint by pointing out that legit players can just host their own games.

In both cases the cheaters don't see any disconnect between 'my cheating doesn't affect you' and 'well if you don't like getting stuck with cheaters than just completely avoid the game's multiplayer and only play with a handful of people you know personally'

So please explain to me what makes them so laughably incomparable.

i guess i need to spell it out.

BORDERLANDS ISNT A COMPETITIVE SHOOTER. YOU CANNOT COMPARE THEM.

15 minutes thinking up a reply and the best you can do is a glorified "NAH UH!".
---
You're the stranger, ain'tcha? Are you looking for a nice, clean place to stay?
Madam, I had a nice clean place to stay... and I left it, to come here.
#32Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/9/2013 12:36:52 PM
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

LMAO

Explain how it's different aside from the fact that in Red Faction the cheaters shoot the player instead of AI enemies.

In both cases it's someone abusing an exploit to become far more powerful than any legitimate player could.

In both cases it sucks the fun out of the game for legit players since the cheater is just blasting everything to death in seconds.

In both cases the cheaters whine that it's fun so they're gonna keep doing it regardless of what the developers say.

In both cases the cheaters dismiss any complaint by pointing out that legit players can just host their own games.

In both cases the cheaters don't see any disconnect between 'my cheating doesn't affect you' and 'well if you don't like getting stuck with cheaters than just completely avoid the game's multiplayer and only play with a handful of people you know personally'

15 minutes thinking up a reply and the best you can do is a glorified "NAH UH!".

>implying i sat here for 15 minutes worrying about an argument with a fun nazi.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-5
#33BigSai29Posted 1/9/2013 12:38:17 PM
@KPT I would bold where you capped. This 1 is VERY hard to get through.

@Rayno Looks like he retracted his statement.
#34Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/9/2013 12:40:38 PM
lawl
---
#35I have no namePosted 1/9/2013 12:42:10 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...

LMAO

>implying i sat here for 15 minutes worrying about an argument with a fun nazi.

So are you ever gonna come up with an explanation for how the similarities I posted aren't true? or should I just go ahead and put you on the ignore list?
---
#36Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/9/2013 12:43:18 PM
I have no name posted...

So are you ever gonna come up with an explanation for how the similarities I posted aren't true? or should I just go ahead and put you on the ignore list?

how typical

WAAAAAAAHHHHHH I CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH SO IM IGNORING YOU
---
#37RaynofettPosted 1/9/2013 12:44:08 PM
BigSai29 posted...
@KPT I would bold where you capped. This 1 is VERY hard to get through.

@Rayno Looks like he retracted his statement.

my statement remains the same. I just agreed with what he said. I do not in anyway affect his game but i understand that there will be those that will go out of their way to mess with people.

trolls will always troll, cheaters will always cheat, modders will always mod. it's the way of life when ti comes to games.

now let me enjoy the fact that my maggie will be back to what it should be very soon.
---
GT: Raynofett
#38I have no namePosted 1/9/2013 12:47:39 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
I have no name posted...

how typical

WAAAAAAAHHHHHH I CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH SO IM IGNORING YOU

WHAT TRUTH?

You did not explain in any way how they're not comparable. I can scream "YOU CAN'T COMPARE A TRUCK TO AN SUV!", but that doesn't mean they're actually incomparable and I'd look like a moronic jackass if my only response to someone posting a list of similarities between SUVs and trucks was to scream that and call them a nazi.

So once again explain how they're incomparable. Since I'm so clearly wrong it should be simple for you to go through the short list I posted and explain how I'm wrong about the similarities. Right?
---
#39BigSai29Posted 1/9/2013 12:47:55 PM
Apologies Raynofett. Communication fail on my part. I was totally referring to the GBX forum post LOL.
#40havok718Posted 1/9/2013 12:50:14 PM
on a side note check out what some pc players found in this patch!

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=223673

I'm not sure if many people knew this but Tediore reloads WERE affected by the multi-pellet glitch.

I don't know the exact mechanics behind this but two plausible scenarios occurred:

1. Damage bonuses were not applied to each shot of a Tediore reload AT ALL and only the actual reload explosion.

OR

2. All your damage bonuses were divided between all the shots of a Tediore magazine. If you have 50% gun damage and a 50 magazine Tediore weapon, you only get 1% to the actual throw.

I'll do more testing but for now it seems they're back to the way it was minus the amp damage per pellet.

I dont see how the reload throws ever got those full bonuses in the first place. You're throwing the friggin gun like a grenade, why would things that affect bullet shots have anything to do with that? Having stuff like amp applied to every bullet left in the gun was not only overpowered, but conceptually stupid. Reload throws should get whatever grenades get, and nothing more.