PC patch notes

#41RaynofettPosted 1/9/2013 1:51:31 PM
BigSai29 posted...
Apologies Raynofett. Communication fail on my part. I was totally referring to the GBX forum post LOL.

ya....my quote didn't carry over from their forum. i'm just going through the pc forum on their side crying.....I've never wanted a patch to a game more than this one.
---
GT: Raynofett
#42Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:53:53 PM
havok718 posted...
on a side note check out what some pc players found in this patch!

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=223673

I'm not sure if many people knew this but Tediore reloads WERE affected by the multi-pellet glitch.

I don't know the exact mechanics behind this but two plausible scenarios occurred:

1. Damage bonuses were not applied to each shot of a Tediore reload AT ALL and only the actual reload explosion.

OR

2. All your damage bonuses were divided between all the shots of a Tediore magazine. If you have 50% gun damage and a 50 magazine Tediore weapon, you only get 1% to the actual throw.

I'll do more testing but for now it seems they're back to the way it was minus the amp damage per pellet.

I dont see how the reload throws ever got those full bonuses in the first place. You're throwing the friggin gun like a grenade, why would things that affect bullet shots have anything to do with that? Having stuff like amp applied to every bullet left in the gun was not only overpowered, but conceptually stupid. Reload throws should get whatever grenades get, and nothing more.

the reloads were always designed to account for the remaining ammo in the gun. the more ammo left, the bigger the explosion. they didnt intend for amp damage to be applied to all remaining pellets.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#43Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/9/2013 2:08:21 PM
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
I have no name posted...

So are you ever gonna come up with an explanation for how the similarities I posted aren't true? or should I just go ahead and put you on the ignore list?

how typical

WAAAAAAAHHHHHH I CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH SO IM IGNORING YOU

WHAT TRUTH?

You did not explain in any way how they're not comparable. I can scream "YOU CAN'T COMPARE A TRUCK TO AN SUV!", but that doesn't mean they're actually incomparable and I'd look like a moronic jackass if my only response to someone posting a list of similarities between SUVs and trucks was to scream that and call them a nazi.

So once again explain how they're incomparable. Since I'm so clearly wrong it should be simple for you to go through the short list I posted and explain how I'm wrong about the similarities. Right?

answer me this: what is the point of a competitive shooter?
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-5
#44I have no namePosted 1/9/2013 2:15:59 PM

Killing other players, a task that becomes far less enjoyable when someone is abusing an exploit to kill every player on screen before the legit players can fire a shot off.

The point of borderlands is killing AI enemies, a task that becomes far less enjoyable when someone is abusing an exploit to kill every enemy on screen before the legit players can fire a shot off.

Now that I've answered you *notice how I didn't spend a half-hour screaming denial and insulting you to avoid the question?* how about you explain why the first one is wrong but the second is A-okay.
---
You're the stranger, ain'tcha? Are you looking for a nice, clean place to stay?
Madam, I had a nice clean place to stay... and I left it, to come here.
#45Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/9/2013 2:31:15 PM
I have no name posted...

Killing other players, a task that becomes far less enjoyable when someone is abusing an exploit to kill every player on screen before the legit players can fire a shot off.

The point of borderlands is killing AI enemies, a task that becomes far less enjoyable when someone is abusing an exploit to kill every enemy on screen before the legit players can fire a shot off.

Now that I've answered you *notice how I didn't spend a half-hour screaming denial and insulting you to avoid the question?* how about you explain why the first one is wrong but the second is A-okay.

i didnt ask for a bunch of your "logic" thrown in, but whatev.

1. in a competitive shooter, you compete against other people, using balanced gear (ideally), for the express purpose of killing them more than they kill you.

2. in Borderlands, killing the enemy is a means to an end (leveling up and collecting loot), which is pretty much the opposite of any competitive shooter. you are not competing in any way with other players.
---
#46I have no namePosted 1/9/2013 2:44:07 PM(edited)
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
I have no name posted...

1. in a competitive shooter, you compete against other people, using balanced gear (ideally), for the express purpose of killing them more than they kill you.

2. in Borderlands, killing the enemy is a means to an end (leveling up and collecting loot), which is pretty much the opposite of any competitive shooter. you are not competing in any way with other players.

From the top of that list you won't reply to:

Explain how it's different aside from the fact that in Red Faction the cheaters shoot the player instead of AI enemies.

I'm aware that in one you shoot other players and in the other you shoot AI enemies. The point I've made several time and which the cheaters on this board refuse to acknowledge is that the result is the same regardless of who the exploit is used against, legit players have all the fun sucked out of the game because the cheaters are blasting everything apart in seconds and leaving them with nothing to do.

So are you ever gonna explain how I'm wrong and how being stuck with someone who kills every enemy in seconds doesn't suck the fun out of the game for legit players who actually want a challenge?
---
#47Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/9/2013 2:48:20 PM
I have no name posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
I have no name posted...

From the top of that list you won't reply to:

Explain how it's different aside from the fact that in Red Faction the cheaters shoot the player instead of AI enemies.

I'm aware that in one you shoot other players and in the other you shoot AI enemies. The point I've made several time and which the cheaters on this board refuse to acknowledge is that the result is the same regardless of who the exploit is used against, legit players have all the fun sucked out of the game because the cheaters are blasting everything apart and leaving them with nothing to do.

So are you ever gonna explain how I'm wrong and how being stuck with someone who kills every enemy in seconds doesn't suck the fun out of the game for legit players who actually want a challenge?

i already did. in a game where killing enemies IS NOT the main goal, it IS NOT cheating to use in game mechanics/gear to kill enemies faster than somebody else.

if you dont like it, dont play with randoms.

also, im not condoning modding or hacking.
---
#48kidishPosted 1/9/2013 3:00:32 PM
I have no name posted...
I'm aware that in one you shoot other players and in the other you shoot AI enemies. The point I've made several time and which the cheaters on this board refuse to acknowledge is that the result is the same regardless of who the exploit is used against, legit players have all the fun sucked out of the game because the cheaters are blasting everything apart in seconds and leaving them with nothing to do.

Most legit players would never have beaten Master Gee or Hyperius if not for the kind "glitch" gamers who helped them, pre-all patches.

You know how annoying those open quests are end-game?

That was rhetorical, I don't really want you to spend another 20 posts trying to convince me of an opinion.
#49Quanze13Posted 1/9/2013 3:17:34 PM
Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.

1) Thank ****ing god.

2) There was nothing hilarious about getting downed and having Deathtrap first try to restore your shield, then going and restoring the shield of the guy you're trying to kill for a second wind >_<
---
www.quanze13.com < - Morrowind + my City of Heroes, Heroes
Holy ****, when did I take off my pants? - Jorge
#50I have no namePosted 1/9/2013 3:27:47 PM

i already did. in a game where killing enemies IS NOT the main goal, it IS NOT cheating to use in game mechanics/gear to kill enemies faster than somebody else.

Yes it is. The Evil Smasher glitch isn't a 'game mechanic'. It's a glitch, hence the name. The developers designed it to randomly power up that one specific weapon for a short time. If the developers intended for it to permanently power up every weapon in your arsensal they would have made it do that by default. If the developers intended for you to dupe they would have stuck a cloner somewhere in sanctuary, not banned any discussion of the practice from their boards.

Even if we accept that the challenge of killing enemies and bosses isn't supposed to be a part of this game, which is odd considering that Gearbox took all that time designing enemies and bosses instead of just starting us at lvl 50 in a giant treasure room, the fact is that their are people who like a challenge and having someone kill everything in seconds sucks the fun out of it for them.

if you dont like it, dont play with randoms.

From the list you pretend doesn't exist:

In both cases the cheaters dismiss any complaint by pointing out that legit players can just host their own games.

In both cases the cheaters don't see any disconnect between 'my cheating doesn't affect you' and 'well if you don't like getting stuck with cheaters than just completely avoid the game's multiplayer and only play with a handful of people you know personally'

Stop repeating these stale arguments.

also, im not condoning modding or hacking.

Why not? Everything you've said in defense of dupes and glitfches applies to modding and hacking. Why are you trying to be a fun nazi by selfishly taking away someone's billion damage gun? If you don't like it, don't play with randoms. Right?
---