Level cap should increase to 100...or more...*idea*

#31MrImpatient35Posted 1/10/2013 10:02:20 AM
TheSnypahvol2 posted...
....instead of skill points for subsequent levels though, things like bad ass tokens, golden keys, and rare loot should be rewarded. To me that would be pretty fair and still leave something to strive for without breaking the skill tree balance. Maybe every 5 levels you get a purple-orange rare item/weapon and all the levels in between you get a few bad ass tokens. This could work. They would have to tweak the levelling to make progress a bit quicker but its an idea.

I was initially gonna say you're insane, but that idea doesn't sound bad at all.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#32Cats_of_KlibanPosted 1/10/2013 12:01:44 PM
TheSnypahvol2 posted...
....instead of skill points for subsequent levels though, things like bad ass tokens, golden keys, and rare loot should be rewarded. To me that would be pretty fair and still leave something to strive for without breaking the skill tree balance. ...etc...

In combo with your "goodies, not skills" reward idea, I'd suggest the level cap be removed completely. If someone really loves the game and wants to play for months to earn more things, there is no reason to limit them. Getting really good gear by luck from boss fights is fine, but also having the option to earn it from another task path, even one that is a major pain, would be nice.

The "next step up" solution would be to make the subsequent rewards user selected instead of fixed, as in following the challenge reward design where you get to pick from some (but not all) of the possible rewards on any given point usage. Possible choices could be the tokens, keys, & loot you mentioned, but also add crystals, and "loot" would be divided by type so collector type players could collect the specific gear (ex: relics vs shotguns) they prefer. My preferred reward would be extra bank storage. I enjoy collecting, and keeping extra gear spread across multiple "mules" is a pain.

Actually, I'd be happy even if there were no extra rewards of any kind, as I just want endless levels for a summary reflection of my missions/kills activity. It would also be nice if all count type challenges continued to keep count even after the final reward was earned, again just to track my actions.
---
. .. ... ....
#33TsurukePosted 1/10/2013 12:35:21 PM
killbot357 posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Why are people against having two final skills?

If you don't want them both, don't use them.
If you're worried about others using them, do the same.

That's not it at all. I'm just sick of seeing so many topics that are basically WTF NO LVL CAP INCREASE????? WHY BOTHER PLAYING AT ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

If I drank the tears of all the people who created "Level cap should increase to 100." threads on all Forums, I would be as full as Gearbox.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#34SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/10/2013 4:42:09 PM
killbot357 posted...

That's not it at all. I'm just sick of seeing so many topics that are basically WTF NO LVL CAP INCREASE????? WHY BOTHER PLAYING AT ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fair. As much as I'd like a cap increase, this is still a cool game, and I'm getting plenty of fun without it.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#35KingofAtrophyPosted 1/10/2013 4:47:27 PM
I guess you can't please everyone.
I would love more skill points, myself. Right now, there's not enough to get to the end of cunning or sniping without sacrificing some really decent skills in either tree. Not to mentions, there are some cool ones in bloodshed that I'd love to give a try.

What? You just want to put points into everything? That completely defeats the purpose of choice and building.

I'm fine with the level cap as is. 100 would be ridiculous and ruin the game. 60 is probably as high as they should make it.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Skyrim, World of Warcraft
GT: Franco F Crazy
#36SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/10/2013 5:02:53 PM
KingofAtrophy posted...
I would love more skill points, myself. Right now, there's not enough to get to the end of cunning or sniping without sacrificing some really decent skills in either tree. Not to mentions, there are some cool ones in bloodshed that I'd love to give a try.

What? You just want to put points into everything? That completely defeats the purpose of choice and building.

I'm fine with the level cap as is. 100 would be ridiculous and ruin the game. 60 is probably as high as they should make it.

Yes I would. It would give me something to work towards, and allow me to enjoy multiple game changing skills.

The last game managed fine with an extra 19 levels, I don't see why this game shouldn't go to the same cap, at least.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#37Flow_149Posted 1/10/2013 5:16:44 PM(edited)
KingofAtrophy posted...

Yes I would. It would give me something to work towards, and allow me to enjoy multiple game changing skills.

The last game managed fine with an extra 19 levels, I don't see why this game shouldn't go to the same cap, at least.

I would love to have multiple gamechangers but the last game took it way too far with it's level cap increase. Having too many skill points really kills character builds. imo they should reduce the cap to 10 or lower.
#38PanopictonguyPosted 1/10/2013 5:27:37 PM
Tsuruke posted...
killbot357 posted...

If I drank the tears of all the people who created "Level cap should increase to 100." threads on all Forums, I would be as full as Gearbox.

I don't see where people get these ideas about RPG's. The people demanding level cap increases wouldn't have the patients to play a. game like Disgaea where you can level up over 9000. But if any game now a days has a leveling system they want to rush to max out levels, mostly by exploits then complain about needing a cap increase.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#39TsurukePosted 1/10/2013 5:38:35 PM(edited)
Panopictonguy posted...
Tsuruke posted...
killbot357 posted...

I don't see where people get these ideas about RPG's. The people demanding level cap increases wouldn't have the patients to play a. game like Disgaea where you can level up over 9000. But if any game now a days has a leveling system they want to rush to max out levels, mostly by exploits then complain about needing a cap increase.

I don't either, none of the Final Fantasy Games had a raised level cap (whenever they released a "Greatest Hits" a.k.a Primitive version of updating games), Although they had Ultimate Weapons and Limit Breakers -- and those were strictly RPGs
And while Far Cry 3 (which could be Classified as a FPSRPG this Borderlands) you have a level cap that will not be raised but I believe you can acquire all of the skills.

So, not sure what all the fuss is about -- game works perfectly fine for me with the level 50 cap.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.