Burn Damage Question

#1muttenmanPosted 1/9/2013 6:33:14 PM
If I am using a fire weapon, does + burn damage (from a relic etc.) only affect the DOT of the burn damage or does it boost the damage of each shoot, even if the DOT does not produce?

As a Siren, I was wondering how effect a class mod with + burn damage and + reaper might be with fire weapons.

Thanks.
#2muttenman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:07:19 PM
bump
#3Jambi_ManPosted 1/9/2013 7:53:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4diablogamerPosted 1/9/2013 7:59:25 PM
Go to the firing range in marcus shop and test it yourself not to many people use fire weapons.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#5muttenman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:03:34 PM
Thanks for the response.

Reason the question came up...I saw that on some occasions, the bullet damage of my elemental weapons would do reduced damage and "Resist" would pop up, giving little to no DOT.

Follow-up question kind of...let say you have two weapons that have the exact same base damage, but one is burn. Vs flesh, will the two weapons do the exact same bullet damage (exclude DOT)? I'm guessing no, and the fire one will do more?

Thanks.
#6Jambi_ManPosted 1/9/2013 8:15:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7kmaldingonePosted 1/9/2013 8:15:57 PM
muttenman posted...
Thanks for the response.

Reason the question came up...I saw that on some occasions, the bullet damage of my elemental weapons would do reduced damage and "Resist" would pop up, giving little to no DOT.

Follow-up question kind of...let say you have two weapons that have the exact same base damage, but one is burn. Vs flesh, will the two weapons do the exact same bullet damage (exclude DOT)? I'm guessing no, and the fire one will do more?

Thanks.

The resist is because the creature has that elemental resistance ( badass fire skag for example) or they have shields which most enemy shields seem to be the elemental resistance versions. 2nd question yes, the fire weapon will do more just as shock does more damage to shields than a non ele would.

fyi burn damage effects DoT only, Fire damage effects DoT and Bullet damage, and they will stack if you have things that do both equiped.
---
GT: Kmalding1045
#8muttenman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:36:36 PM
Perfect, thanks for the help.