Perfect time for the usb....

#1WandymanPosted 1/10/2013 12:56:43 AM
...trick...

Everyone got 5 keys and because there is some time needed to farm the golden chest I always suggest doing it with 5+ keys.

1. Obtain a USB

2. Move your entire profile to said USB

3. Go to golden chest, now remove the USB before opening the chest. You will get a message, just ignore it.

4. Collect all your new loot..keep or sell if you wish

5. Save quit then dash

6. When dash has loaded, only then insert the USB.

7. Go back...rinse and repeat

Enjoy your infinite keys
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#2lee_Posted 1/10/2013 1:16:50 AM
I'll give this a go, it'll be good to see what I get.
---
Xbox Live GT: Swansfan4
Butt Stallion says hello
#3shnangyboosPosted 1/10/2013 1:29:44 AM
Just sign out after saving. No need to dashboard.
---
How's my posting?
Call http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=588037 for any comments.
#4SunshineladyPosted 1/10/2013 1:30:11 AM
Wandyman posted...
...trick...

Everyone got 5 keys and because there is some time needed to farm the golden chest I always suggest doing it with 5+ keys.

1. Obtain a USB

2. Move your entire profile to said USB. Keep your gamesave on HDD. When game prompts you to select storage, choose HDD.

3. Go to golden chest, now remove the USB before opening the chest. You will get a message, just ignore it.

5. Save quit then sign out of the profile.

6. Insert the USB. Sign back into profile.

Enjoy your infinite keys

Fixed it for you to prevent some people from screwing up and also to make the process quicker.
---
You don't know how they lost a heart? It was probably Tartaros. That heart breaker.
#5Wandyman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:23:32 AM
Sunshinelady posted...
Wandyman posted...
...trick...

1. Obtain a USB

2. Move your entire profile to said USB. Keep your gamesave on HDD. When game prompts you to select storage, choose HDD.

Enjoy your infinite keys

Fixed it for you to prevent some people from screwing up and also to make the process quicker.

Can anyone confirm the changes made to number 2? I think I'll stick with the method that's worked for me. If you have a number of keys, like I do, speed isn't really a factor. I open the chest 13 times then rinse and repeat my exact steps.
---
#6Jchopper5Posted 1/10/2013 2:30:02 AM
How are you saving the game if the game you loaded is on the usb that you removed?
---
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D0TCBMusT8c#/watch?v=ZLk75fFXqH4
#7RaynofettPosted 1/10/2013 4:37:39 AM
Sunshinelady posted...
Wandyman posted...
...trick...

1. Obtain a USB

Enjoy your infinite keys

I can confirm this way of doing this.
---
GT: Raynofett
#8Wandyman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:07:38 PM
DDJchopper5 posted...
How are you saving the game if the game you loaded is on the usb that you removed?

Because you're still selecting the HDD when prompted what to save to. Your golden keys are connected to your profile not your HDD.
---
#9TsurukePosted 1/10/2013 2:25:38 PM(edited)
I would not recommend this (not because it is illegitimate) but because you run the risk of corrupting your profile (making you recover your gamertag -- which may or may not have your saved Badass rank/points/tokens and Keys) but also completely rendering your USB drive inoperable while unplugging the USB drive while the drive is being accessed....

Sunshinelady posted...
Wandyman posted...
...trick...

1. Obtain a USB

Enjoy your infinite keys

However, I have seen a buddy do that method since Day 1 (pre-ordered incentive -- Golden Key).......... and it works. Known -- not recommended [since that said person did it a few to many times and rendered his 2GB drive useless beyond repair, luckily he only had his profile on it] -- but it works.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#10Laylow12Posted 1/10/2013 2:25:22 PM
Hey Wandyman! I still don't like this way, it seems like you're just asking for corrupted saves and tempting fate. Scooping up the goodies with a second controller, saving that guy and then dash boarding seems more sensible to me.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin