This game brings out the worst in people

#1bradybonnaviatPosted 1/10/2013 10:47:32 PM
That's it. Very simple. I've played countless times as either the host or the joining player to farm bosses, and 1 of two things ALMOST always happens:

1) I host. Player jumps in. Legendary falls. Player runs over; grabs it, and saves and quits.
Not mentioning the countless times this happens.

2) I join. I help defeat boss. I get booted as soon as loot drops.

This game was made with co-op in mind. Too bad they didn't create any safeguards for the honest gamer. I've seen so much more greed and ugliness than generosity; it's pretty disgusting. It's simply an observation; not meant to incite the jackwads that i'm talking about.
---
GT: Shady Bradyz
#2calistud4evPosted 1/10/2013 11:00:16 PM
Yeah that does sound super annoying. Very frustrating. The only safeguards or "guidelines" I would recommend would be....

1. Make sure there mic'd.

2. Don't join randoms or allow randoms into your game.

3. Post on this board who and what type of people your looking to play with. I've met my 4-5 awesome co-op friends on here and countless others along the way who want nothing more but to enjoy and play like you.
---
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/10/2013 11:01:46 PM
Correction. Anonymity brings out the worst in people.

And power. Both of which are given to the host, to an extent.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4danishjuggler21Posted 1/10/2013 11:06:09 PM
I think the second behavior you mentioned is often the result of a fear of the first behavior occurring. "This guy is probably gonna ninja loot, so I'll boot him as soon as the boss dies."
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#5DemwingiePosted 1/10/2013 11:07:47 PM
I've been playing the game about 2 weeks, past few days I have been leaving my game on public just to see what happens. Whenever they die, I revive them and allow them to take loot and whatever... However, if I get downed, nobody revives me. They sometimes stand over me and run round me or whatever, mockingly. I boot them, but it is just frustrating when you are playing a mechromancer and lose all of your anarchy stacks because another person just decided to be an ass.
#6DerailerPosted 1/10/2013 11:07:54 PM
I enjoyed playing the game solo. That's just me, though.

But yeah, just set the party to "invite only" so you won't be bothered by randoms.
---
Ask me not of the future; ask me instead what fate is written in the deeds of the dead.
#7bradybonnaviat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 11:34:03 PM
Big thanks to Innersmoke, for showing me that not everyone is like this. Although I was surrounded by some of the most awesome equipment, I'm afraid I couldn't take any. Just didn't feel right, not having earned it. My thanks tho.
---
GT: Shady Bradyz
#8MoukaryuuPosted 1/10/2013 11:38:34 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I have only played online a few times. I helped take down the warrior and the same thing happened. As soon as he died, I got booted. Pissed me off so much that I never bothered to go online again. Until tonight, anyway. Actually met a pretty cool New Zealander. Didn't grab stuff. We both just checked it out and worked out who could take it, which is the way it should be done.

As an American, I am of the opinion that it is American players that do this more than others. Almost all of the people I've played B1 and B2 with online that got along with well were from overseas. It's just the selfish, gimme-gimme attitude that people have here that isn't so prevelent everywhere else.
---
Joy puking my face off
#9SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/10/2013 11:42:51 PM
Moukaryuu posted...
Yeah, I hear ya. I have only played online a few times. I helped take down the warrior and the same thing happened. As soon as he died, I got booted. Pissed me off so much that I never bothered to go online again. Until tonight, anyway. Actually met a pretty cool New Zealander. Didn't grab stuff. We both just checked it out and worked out who could take it, which is the way it should be done.

As an American, I am of the opinion that it is American players that do this more than others. Almost all of the people I've played B1 and B2 with online that got along with well were from overseas. It's just the selfish, gimme-gimme attitude that people have here that isn't so prevelent everywhere else.

Doubt it. Bad people are everywhere.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#10swongqPosted 1/11/2013 12:40:45 AM
Derailer posted...
I enjoyed playing the game solo. That's just me, though.

But yeah, just set the party to "invite only" so you won't be bothered by randoms.

Same here. Beat the game with every character at least once.