This game brings out the worst in people

#11PanopictonguyPosted 1/11/2013 2:42:58 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Moukaryuu posted...
Yeah, I hear ya. I have only played online a few times. I helped take down the warrior and the same thing happened. As soon as he died, I got booted. Pissed me off so much that I never bothered to go online again. Until tonight, anyway. Actually met a pretty cool New Zealander. Didn't grab stuff. We both just checked it out and worked out who could take it, which is the way it should be done.

As an American, I am of the opinion that it is American players that do this more than others. Almost all of the people I've played B1 and B2 with online that got along with well were from overseas. It's just the selfish, gimme-gimme attitude that people have here that isn't so prevelent everywhere else.

Doubt it. Bad people are everywhere.

Most of them live in America.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#12SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/11/2013 2:48:34 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Moukaryuu posted...
Yeah, I hear ya. I have only played online a few times. I helped take down the warrior and the same thing happened. As soon as he died, I got booted. Pissed me off so much that I never bothered to go online again. Until tonight, anyway. Actually met a pretty cool New Zealander. Didn't grab stuff. We both just checked it out and worked out who could take it, which is the way it should be done.

As an American, I am of the opinion that it is American players that do this more than others. Almost all of the people I've played B1 and B2 with online that got along with well were from overseas. It's just the selfish, gimme-gimme attitude that people have here that isn't so prevelent everywhere else.

Doubt it. Bad people are everywhere.

Most of them live in America.

I'd say that that's because America has the most people who
- speak English as their first language, and;
- can afford luxuries such as an x360.

But there are bad gamers everywhere. I've heard that Japanese Pokemon players have a tendency to ragequit a lot, for example.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#13PanopictonguyPosted 1/11/2013 2:54:23 AM
True, but greedy entitled people tend to be American. The country where you can sue someone because you were trapped in their house for days without food or water when attempting to rob them.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#14ICantNameGudPosted 1/11/2013 3:22:31 AM
I can confirm this, I'm an American who dupes weapons and acts like an ass-hat on internet forums.
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The Hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#15IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 1/11/2013 4:55:30 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
True, but greedy entitled people tend to be American. The country where you can sue someone because you were trapped in their house for days without food or water when attempting to rob them.

Generalization of the year. I play with greedy people. Most people I play with are American. Therefore, Americans are the greediest. That's some faulty logic. There are plenty of greedy and especially entitled people everywhere. That's more of a class problem. If I were a betting man, I'd bet those people who came from some money are a bit more greedy and entitled than the rest. That's been my experience in real life. Not all wealthy people are Richards. Most aren't. But enough are. It's just human nature. If you had everything in life handed to you, you are way more likely to be entitled than someone who worked for it. I just hate hearing the old "ugly Americans!" argument. Blame the people, not the nationality. There are jackasses everywhere. If you don't believe me, watch the news. Ever heard of Africa? Greedy warlords fighting over land that is absolute worthless. So greedy they wanna be the kings of nothing. The problem is power! Not nationality.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#16bradybonnaviat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:26:53 AM
Accountability is the problem.

Unfortunately, Microsoft's only interest is in making money, therefore the "file complaint" system is just there for show. They satisfy the millions of mothers who would have issues with their children being bullied or so forth.This isn't groundbreaking news. Has anyone ever heard of XBL cracking down on anyone, for cheating or verbal abuse to another player? Nope. And so, every game that follows, players have been taught that their behavior will have no consequences. Outside of gaming, they do have consequences. So, perhaps in here, acting like the biggest a-hole is their escape from reality. Maybe that's how they get away. I'm sure they would not dare have their mirror image play with them; that wouldn't happen.

But why? Why would this behavior be coddled by these gaming systems? I have a reputation of 3 stars. I just bought a new system and got this account. I look at the 5 starred players that have stolen the content of my crate in the headquarters at sanctuary, and wonder, "How?" Every time I return to my bank, I'm reminded of that.

It's a pointless soapbox to stand on. Nothing will change, as far as those people learning the difference between what is decent and what is rotten. They most likely know; or perhaps not. I just wish that this game were an example where other games have failed. This game, based on collecting the rarest of weapons, would be the greatest example of generosity if Microsoft allowed accountability to matter. Instead, it is the greatest example of greed and selfishness. It's a shame. And, that's my rant from a mountaintop.
---
GT: Shady Bradyz
#17MoneyRulez21Posted 1/11/2013 8:32:03 AM
I'm an American and have to say that not all of us are jerks and a-holes. Some of us aren't raised with money or even have money right now. Heck, I was raised on the super nintendo while others around me had playstations, gamecubes, handhelds, and even cell phones. Yet they always seemed to believe my family was rich.

If anyones looking for people to play co-op with, me and my husband would be glad to play with you. Just add us. His Gt is King Tykeem 187

Neither of us just grab nor do we boot. Also, unlike some online players we actually revive you! We just ask you do the same for us :)
---
Gamer Tag A1L1A
Thats right im a girl.
#18VaricoseVeinsPosted 1/11/2013 8:42:21 AM
But the people that does this, seriously it is their loss. I join random games because I enjoy playing, i never ninja loot, and I like to help people out, if we are up against a raid boss and I get booted when we beat it, it is their loss. Since I have top of the line gear, every head/skin in the game and... lets just say I have A LOT, they will never see because they booted me just in case the boss we just killed drops a crappy blue gun.

This stuff is just hilarious.
#19kiwimyweeweePosted 1/11/2013 8:45:56 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.