about flesh stick (spoilers)

#1Frumpy88Posted 1/11/2013 10:06:56 AM
I was just wondering about his history. We meet him thru tiny Tina and kill him. He seemed like a normal bandit. Then we do the mission where we get the slag experiment tapes. Flesh stick was one of the test subjects but we don't find out what happens.

How/why did he survive that? Seems like no one else did. And he doesn't look like he's been experimented on

Just something I've wondered for quite some time now
#2fakesnoop77Posted 1/11/2013 10:12:36 AM
Good question.

All I know is that when he is seated at the table, he has a name card that says "Evil b*stard that killed my parents" in front of him

I guess there is more to him than we think?
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#3BloodgiftDemonPosted 1/11/2013 10:13:08 AM
If I remember correctly, Dr. Samuels from "Doctor's Orders" refers to Flesh-Stick not as a test subject but as a Hyperion liaison.

In other words, Flesh-Stick is the bandit that sold out Tiny Tina's parents to Hyperion for slag experimentation. Additionally, if you scope / zoom in on his place-card on Tiny Tina's tea table, it says as much. Something along the lines of "b****** that sold out my parents."
#4MunchkinatorPosted 1/11/2013 10:52:59 AM
As I recall, the mother of the Tina in the ECHO in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve gave her a grenade to blow out the cell's wall, too - possibly explaining Tina's obsession with explosives.

But yes, while the game stops short of actually confirming that the Tina in the preserve is definitely the same Tina in Tundra, the ECHOs in the Preserve very strongly suggest that Flesh Stick sold Tina's parents (and her) out to Hyperion for experimentation, and that both her parents died there after giving her a chance to escape via explosives.
---
Wherever Poppy is, you want to be away from that side of the map - Guardsman Bob
#5Frumpy88(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 10:15:30 PM
I thought figured he sold out her parents. He got what he deserved.
It's just un-Hyperion like to not kill someone.
#6havok718Posted 1/12/2013 12:04:58 AM(edited)
Well it wouldn't make sense to kill him if he was still bringing them test subjects. And Hyperion (or Jack, really) is bad and all that, but they dont just go around killing everyone for no reason. Jack acts like he hates bandits, but he always refers to the Raiders as bandits while using the actual bandits to do dirty work. They would probably have killed him if they were done with the experiments and wanted to tie up loose ends, but it looks like things ended abruptly in that place.

BTW does it ever explain why the place is empty (of scientists anyway), there's crumbled walls and highways, and the creatures are out and about?
#7Leviathan79Posted 1/12/2013 12:01:09 AM
Flesh Stick sold out Tiny Tina's out to Hyperion where they were used as Eridium test subjects and killed. If you pay attention to the dialog during the tea party, he mentions something about it, and you get the rest of the story from ECHOs as you're going through the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.
---
Gamertag: Buddernipps