high level shottys this weekend?

#11IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 1/11/2013 10:22:10 AM
Can GB even change drop rates without some sort of patch? I didn't think they could alter that stuff without patches. Is there anybody more tech-savvy than I out there who could drop some knowledge? Thanks!
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#12innersmokePosted 1/11/2013 10:26:23 AM
I'm psyched for this if true, I'd like to add to my already ridiculous arsenal of shotguns.
---
GT- Innersmoke
#13drake_skullPosted 1/11/2013 10:29:48 AM
Serverside hotfix similar to removing the Raidboss lockout Ninjastar.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#14megaddtdPosted 1/11/2013 10:34:54 AM
By rares, do they mean Legendary shottys, like the CC, or just much better blues and purples?
#15DMan304Posted 1/11/2013 11:10:59 AM
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
Can GB even change drop rates without some sort of patch? I didn't think they could alter that stuff without patches. Is there anybody more tech-savvy than I out there who could drop some knowledge? Thanks!

Bad Company 2 was able to make minor changes without releasing a full patch, so there's someway it works.
---
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p368/DMan30464/gir.gif
#16lafoftophPosted 1/11/2013 11:44:49 AM
I might end up farming BNK3R today. That expensive security pinata generally drops a handful of blue and purple shotties and only takes a few mins to kill from the save spot.
#17TsurukePosted 1/11/2013 11:56:25 AM(edited)
DMan304 posted...
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...

Bad Company 2 was able to make minor changes without releasing a full patch, so there's someway it works.

Only if you connect online on their Shift severs. UNLESS they had anticipated this and written this in the code of the previous patch. Otherwise, much like the Raid Boss lockout, if you are offline, this should be moot.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#18Jkool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 12:15:26 PM
lafoftoph posted...
I might end up farming BNK3R today. That expensive security pinata generally drops a handful of blue and purple shotties and only takes a few mins to kill from the save spot.

Good point!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#19bcon1208Posted 1/11/2013 1:57:23 PM
Tsuruke posted...
DMan304 posted...
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...

Only if you connect online on their Shift severs. UNLESS they had anticipated this and written this in the code of the previous patch. Otherwise, much like the Raid Boss lockout, if you are offline, this should be moot.

That's why it says specifically in the post that you have to play in the time specified while "connected to the internet". It was a server-side hotfix definitely.

What I find interesting is the "expiration" of this...it's not a specific time period like 24 hours or a few days, they said they anticipate it to last until that time...this is a strange thing to do
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#20Jkool(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 4:23:49 PM
Anybody get a good shotgun?
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!