What Pandora needs is a ban on all guns.

#11AngryOldFeralPosted 1/12/2013 5:12:53 PM
No way. First they try to ban "dangerous" guns. "You can still have guns, guys" they'll say, "we just want to get stuff like triple-barreled rocket launchers chambered for 120mm warheads loaded with exploding corrosive acid and black-market alien barrels off of the streets. Maniacs are killing kids with them!" ... and before you know it, they've taken all the guns and the only people with guns are the maniacs who don't care about the laws...

...so, y'know, anyone on Pandora who isn't Marshall Friedman will still be armed. :P
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#12Kylebe515Posted 1/13/2013 12:47:53 AM
AngryOldFeral posted...
No way. First they try to ban "dangerous" guns. "You can still have guns, guys" they'll say, "we just want to get stuff like triple-barreled rocket launchers chambered for 120mm warheads loaded with exploding corrosive acid and black-market alien barrels off of the streets. Maniacs are killing kids with them!" ... and before you know it, they've taken all the guns and the only people with guns are the maniacs who don't care about the laws...

...so, y'know, anyone on Pandora who isn't Marshall Friedman will still be armed. :P

Can"t you compromise just a little. Nobody needs 120 round magazines.
#13Max58201Posted 1/13/2013 12:53:18 AM
sure take away the guns. but the second someone knocks off a goliath's helmet it will be a massacre
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#14SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/13/2013 1:28:45 AM
There would need to be a governing force capable of removing all guns on the planet.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#15Kylebe515Posted 1/13/2013 1:34:30 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
There would need to be a governing force capable of removing all guns on the planet.

Handsome Jack issues an Executive Order, and Superbadass Loaders pick up the guns.
#16AngryOldFeralPosted 1/13/2013 2:26:11 AM
Kylebe515 posted...
AngryOldFeral posted...

Can"t you compromise just a little. Nobody needs 120 round magazines.

No. Because as soon as they take my 120-round magazines, they'll be after my disc-fed 10,000-degree Celsius fire Maliwan SMG with holographic sights, stabilized stock and foregrip just because they "fall under the same legislature" and then I'll have to use some cheap disposable Tediore SMG during Rakk season. Those things can blow up in your face. Literally.

Besides, statistics have already shown that a ban did nothing to curb gun-violence on Pandora a decade ago. The bandits just find other ways to kill, murder and rape or just bypass/ignore the laws... because, y'know, that's what bandits do.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#17havok718Posted 1/13/2013 2:31:09 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...

Handsome Jack issues an Executive Order, and Superbadass Loaders pick up the guns.

But superbadass loaders are literally walking guns.
#18TheUndeadCrowPosted 1/13/2013 2:33:23 AM
You are mistaken. The guns are not the problem. It's those violent ECHO simulators that are the problem. They need to be taken off the market and destroyed.
#19unfoundlimePosted 1/13/2013 2:47:58 AM(edited)
First we need to look at the video games that Pandorans play, and movies they watch that promote a culture of violence. Take away their video games, music, and movies and they should all get along just fine.
#20snakenamedjoePosted 1/13/2013 3:55:52 AM
I don't know. Maybe they should just legalize abortion. There seems to be something of a population problem. 99.9% of the population appears to be male. I'm sure the handful of women would be glad to not have to give birth to the thousands of men who mostly seem to grow up to be bandits.

Legalize abortion and the bandit population would certainly fall.

Now if we can just figure out what kind of environmental hazard is causing all those mutated midgets...
---
Leprechaun - "Blasted Nemesis! He's always after me lucky charms!"
Nemesis - "S.T.A.R.S....."