i didn't like borderlands 2; will i like borderlands 1

#1Kingmichael1337Posted 1/12/2013 5:07:43 PM
it's like $10 on xbox live so i'm jw
---
I'M GAY.
#2Flow_149Posted 1/12/2013 5:17:24 PM
If you didn't like the story aspects, maybe. Both of the games are very similar though. If you do pick it up I do suggest that you get the goty edition.
#3Jambi_ManPosted 1/12/2013 5:17:29 PM
It depends on what you didn't like about BL2. More specifics needed. BL2 is pretty much like BL1 on steroids.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#4wonderfulwinoPosted 1/12/2013 5:22:34 PM
I doubt it. BL 2 just improved on what already made BL great.
#5IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 1/12/2013 5:44:24 PM
You're gonna hate it even more. I'd bet money.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#6havok718Posted 1/12/2013 5:47:06 PM
You should do something more your style then, like knitting.
#7Merc123Posted 1/12/2013 6:19:48 PM
Really doubt it. If you don't like one Borderlands game, chance are you won't like the other.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#8lantern2745Posted 1/12/2013 6:26:01 PM
BL 1 had significantly less Wubb. So probably not.
#9danishjuggler21Posted 1/12/2013 6:30:39 PM
Possibly. Borderlands isn't as long and drawn out as the sequel, in terms of the main story, and there are far fewer side missions. The humor is MUCH less over-the-top and goofy. The weapon names are less goofy and far more descriptive. It seems like legendary weapons drop a lot more often in Borderlands 1, which can make things more interesting. The weapons also look more like real guns, whereas in the sequel most of them look like ridiculous plastic toys that 6-year-olds would pretend to shoot each other with. The story makes you feel more like just a mercenary, whereas in the sequel you have this whole "you are the chosen one, oh great hero" thing going on.

Borderlands 2 is definitely pumped up and awesome, but it lost some of the gritty soul that made Borderlands unique and good.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#10Jambi_ManPosted 1/12/2013 6:48:13 PM
danishjuggler21 posted...
Possibly. Borderlands isn't as long and drawn out as the sequel, in terms of the main story, and there are far fewer side missions. The humor is MUCH less over-the-top and goofy. The weapon names are less goofy and far more descriptive. It seems like legendary weapons drop a lot more often in Borderlands 1, which can make things more interesting. The weapons also look more like real guns, whereas in the sequel most of them look like ridiculous plastic toys that 6-year-olds would pretend to shoot each other with. The story makes you feel more like just a mercenary, whereas in the sequel you have this whole "you are the chosen one, oh great hero" thing going on.

Borderlands 2 is definitely pumped up and awesome, but it lost some of the gritty soul that made Borderlands unique and good.

Pretty good summary, you juggled a lot of key points there, and executed them quite well. But I feel a few things could go a little deeper..... 1. Yes, the orange rarity weapons do drop more frequently in BL1, but they're not as 'legendary' as the oranges in BL2. The oranges in 1 were sweet, but in my mind, not quite as sweet as they are in 2. In BL1, the orange rarity was split into 3 classes, yellowish orange, orange, and dark orange. The dark oranges were just as rare(if not rarer) than the legendaries in BL2. And we all know that the dark oranges are the ones you wanted! So in terms of getting the 'BEST' loot, it's actually comparable i think. 2. Yeah the guns look fictional and crazy, but that's what Borderlands is. If you want earthmade weapons, then play COD or Battlefield.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....