Does Zero get a little easier in later levels?

#1Mister_VanillaPosted 1/12/2013 9:17:24 PM
In an earlier thread, ya'll helped me choose Zero after I was bored with Axton.

Im happy with the move, as Zero is more hands on and proactive.

However, Deception doesnt burn though mobs as easily as the turret does and he is also a hell of a lot more squishy.

Just curious if, after I get some game changers, this will change or will Zero always feel a little bit behind the power curve.

Thanks...you guys are unusually helpful for a GF board.
#2StormWolf12Posted 1/12/2013 9:19:29 PM
How you building him?

If so, certain gear and MMF will make your life easier.
#3Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/12/2013 9:24:35 PM(edited)
Death blossom is really awesome. I highly suggest it when you get the chance

Unfortunately he is pretty squishy. A good shield helps but only so much. Hopefully you are using deception whenever possible. It makes him a lot easier to keep standing. It also a good idea to keep a good second wind weapon on hand if you find youself going down a lot
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#4SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/12/2013 9:22:30 PM
Deception is better when you get Innervate. You regenerate health while it's active.

In any case, it's best used for creating space so your shield can recharge, get to cover, etc, or to get a good critical hit on the biggest bad guy in the room.

Get a good sniper. I'd recommend one that isn't e-tech; they're rarely worth it.

To start with, you may be better off going down the 'Cunning' tree until you get the feel for him.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#5StormWolf12Posted 1/12/2013 9:24:47 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Deception is better when you get Innervate. You regenerate health while it's active.

In any case, it's best used for creating space so your shield can recharge, get to cover, etc, or to get a good critical hit on the biggest bad guy in the room.

Get a good sniper. I'd recommend one that isn't e-tech; they're rarely worth it.

To start with, you may be better off going down the 'Cunning' tree until you get the feel for him.

Wow. So wrong.
#6WandymanPosted 1/12/2013 9:26:24 PM
In MY opinion, if I had to rank the easiest to play in terms of damage output and ease of use, it would look like the following.

1. Axton
2. Mech
3. Zerk
4. Zero
5. Maya

1 & 2 are close
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#7SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/12/2013 9:27:18 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...

Wow. So wrong.

Care to elaborate? This worked fine for me as Zero.
---
#8VerbelKentPosted 1/12/2013 9:27:53 PM
It depends on how you build him man, my Zero is a mix of high output melee damage and quick in and out status attack that make gun fire effective for me and the team.
---
GT-EspadaZaraki
#9StormWolf12Posted 1/12/2013 9:28:32 PM
A recharging shield is a bad thing.
#10SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/12/2013 9:31:17 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
A recharging shield is a bad thing.

That's only if you're using a Roid shield. Plus, if you're using the love thumper, those five seconds won't matter.

In any other scenario, it's definitely a good thing.
---