Help with giant robot of doom plz help

#1dpsdxwcPosted 1/13/2013 1:59:12 AM
How do u defeat WILHELM and any suggestions on how to do so.
#2Soul_DecayPosted 1/13/2013 3:24:56 AM
What lvl? i can drop in and help if you like.
---
GT: Tho Radia
#3snakenamedjoePosted 1/13/2013 3:43:47 AM
It really depends on your character and the build you're using. The most generic advice I can give, though, is to bring a good rocket launcher along. Wilhelm has several drones that heal him when he is damaged, making it hard to get his HP down to 0. When they are healing him, if you unload on him with a rocket launcher, the blast damage will usually destroy the drones so he can't get his health back. You can take the drones out individually with any weapon, but they are small and kind of hard to hit, and as you're taking the time to aim at them Wilhelm will be attacking you. Also, with a rocket launcher you can damage Wilhelm immensely while taking out several drones in one shot. It is even possible to destroy all the drones with a single shot, though that is unlikely.
---
Leprechaun - "Blasted Nemesis! He's always after me lucky charms!"
Nemesis - "S.T.A.R.S....."
#4snakenamedjoePosted 1/13/2013 3:47:04 AM
There is a challenge for defeating Wilhelm without destroying any of his drones. To get it, I think you have to avoid destroying any drones all through the level, though, not just when you're fighting Wilhelm. I've killed Wilhelm without destroying any of his drones but didn't complete this challenge. I remember destroying 2 drones earlier in the level, on the way to fight him.
---
#5MonoxideHektikPosted 1/13/2013 4:53:58 AM
i think you can't even damage his drones.

you can defeat ones in the level
---
How is making money be illegal. - JDM_Jev
I am topic killer. GT: Chrizwald---MW3, Rock Band 3
#6IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 1/13/2013 5:50:53 AM
One word. Teapot. That gun has killed Wilhelm more times for me than any other. Just aim for his crotch (seriously) and he will fall pretty damn quick.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#7Quanze13Posted 1/13/2013 8:49:28 AM
snakenamedjoe posted...
There is a challenge for defeating Wilhelm without destroying any of his drones. To get it, I think you have to avoid destroying any drones all through the level, though, not just when you're fighting Wilhelm. I've killed Wilhelm without destroying any of his drones but didn't complete this challenge. I remember destroying 2 drones earlier in the level, on the way to fight him.

And oddly enough I completed the challenge after killing about 20 of his drones. Challenges are just weird like that.
---
www.quanze13.com < - Morrowind + my City of Heroes, Heroes
Holy ****, when did I take off my pants? - Jorge
#8danishjuggler21Posted 1/13/2013 9:00:41 AM
Like someone else mentioned, the Teapot is beastly against Wilhelm and his drones. If you have a slag gun or grenade, use that first to slag him. He'll go down fast this way.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#9dratsablivePosted 1/13/2013 9:31:55 AM
The second time I faced him, I had a level 39 corrosive smg that was rapid fire, and accurate. Took him down pretty quickly.
---
Xbox Live and PSN dratsablive
#10snakenamedjoePosted 1/14/2013 4:59:09 AM
i think you can't even damage his drones.

you can defeat ones in the level

You can destroy his drones. I've destroyed them all on most of my playthroughs. You probably thought that because sometimes some of them will put up shields while they're looking at you. These shields are hard to get through and can sometimes reflect bullets, making your own shots bounce back and hit you. With enough damage, you can get through these shields, though. I've done it. Zero's melee attack will take them out through their shields if he's set up for a melee build. Strong weapons will damage them a bit. If you have that sniper rifle from Mordecai that ignores shields, that makes them easy. You can't have that on playthrough one at that point, unless you got it from a different character, though.

But you can also just ignore them when they have their shields up. They don't attack or heal Wilhelm while their shields are up. Eventually they will drop their shields and you can destroy them easier - although they fly around quickly while their shields are down, unless they are healing Wilhelm.

Again, a Rocket Launcher is good for this, but if you want to target them directly, just do some damage to Wilhelm and then attack the drones when they go over to heal him.
---