Borderlands, medieval style.

#1DyinglegacyPosted 1/13/2013 2:07:07 AM(edited)
Just a thought that popped in my head. Crossbows (sniper or assault rifle counterpart), bow/arrows (???), magic staffs (maybe rocket launcher?) and melee weapons of course. Mage/sorcerer/ess (siren), rogue (assassin), hunter/ranger (soldier), Paladin/warrior,barbarian (gunzerker), and necromancer (mecromancer). Different element varieties for each weapon type, armor in place of energy shields, cloaks/capes in place of relics, Flasks or magic spells in place of grenades... I don't know, this will never happen. I was just thinking of what would happen if the two worlds met. Thoughts?
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
Do justice and love mercy. Regardless of our philosophies or religious views, these are words to live by.
#23CDEDPosted 1/13/2013 3:48:29 AM
mages?

thought you said medieval not WOW rip off.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdriIl7VNw
#3PrettyBoyMarthPosted 1/13/2013 3:59:44 AM
Skyrim
---
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 463
#4smurfsn1p3rPosted 1/13/2013 5:38:33 AM
I would welcome an update to Hexen. It was a First person medieval game. Youtube it, it is still worth a playthrough.

Skyrim is not like anything he is talking about, We want a game that would actually be fun to play.
---
Atlanta Falcons 13-3
2012 NFC South Champs and NFC #1 SEED. RISE UP!
#5VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/13/2013 6:03:16 AM
It exists. It's called "Two Worlds" and "Two Worlds II."

I admit, they're not the greatest games, but they're pretty fun overall. I did enjoy messing around with the magic system in Two Worlds II.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160
#6danishjuggler21Posted 1/13/2013 8:04:02 AM
I was under the impression that Borderlands was just Diablo with guns, so... Try playing Diablo?
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#7Aceofblades2k2Posted 1/13/2013 8:53:51 AM
Baldurs gate/ champiins of norrath
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#8Nintendo guyPosted 1/13/2013 9:55:38 AM
They already made this game. I believe it's called "Almost Every Diablo-Clone Ever".
#9Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 12:24:09 PM
I probably should have been more specific. From the comments, some seem to be recommending diablo or other similar games. What I am talking about is completely borderlands, with a dash of medieval/fantasy elements. It would still be first person, have borderlands humor, and be cell shaded. Crossbow would drop/be found in a chest with some silly red text on it. It was just a thought, anyway.
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
Do justice and love mercy. Regardless of our philosophies or religious views, these are words to live by.
#10havok718Posted 1/13/2013 1:06:45 PM
Heard it here first folks, WOW invented mages.