did they ever say why the bank is so small?

#21Aceofblades2k2Posted 1/13/2013 7:13:48 PM
Their explanation is really, really dumb. I suppose shah theyre saying makes sense for the backpack, but what about the freaking bank? There is no reason whatsoever that the bank having more inventory space wouldnt still appeal to casuals. They simply don't use it.

Great game, bit gearbox really **** the bed pipelining the main selling point of the game as new and unique weapons and then giving you no at least bank storage space.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#22SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/13/2013 7:18:31 PM
It's not a good excuse.

They don't want it to be about collecting? Why not let people do that, if they really want to? Seems like they're just being control freaks.

They think that casuals would be confused by more space?
I can't speak for casuals, but I can guarantee that the only time I have to think about whether to pick something up is if my backpack is full, which wouldn't happen so much if it were bigger.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#23PanopictonguyPosted 1/13/2013 7:27:48 PM
I was actually asking because he seemed confused that the creators of something want people to experience it the way they intended.

Gearbox made a game they would like to play. Sadly the people attracted to this game are not playing it the way people at gearbox would play.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#24SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/13/2013 7:34:26 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
I was actually asking because he seemed confused that the creators of something want people to experience it the way they intended.

Gearbox made a game they would like to play. Sadly the people attracted to this game are not playing it the way people at gearbox would play.

If only Gearbox was receiving money every time the game was sold, or something along those lines. Then, there might be recompense.
---
#25PensatoPosted 1/13/2013 7:52:48 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
Gearbox made a game they would like to play.

Doubtful, unless of course Gearbox likes to play buggy/glitched to hell games that are poorly designed.
#26PanopictonguyPosted 1/13/2013 8:18:14 PM
Pensato posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Gearbox made a game they would like to play.

Doubtful, unless of course Gearbox likes to play buggy/glitched to hell games that are poorly designed.

You're right this is the first game ever to have glitches or bugs.
---
#27PanopictonguyPosted 1/13/2013 8:23:40 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

If only Gearbox was receiving money every time the game was sold, or something along those lines. Then, there might be recompense.

There's no need they'll just patch bars and boundaries everywhere for the people that don't get it. And maybe enough people will be turned off by gearbox ruining all the fun stuff like duping, exploits & OP gear they'll have the niche audience they want for the 3rd game in the series.
---
#28Final720Posted 1/13/2013 8:34:24 PM(edited)
drake_skull posted...
Gearbox said "Hey lets force them to create a bunch of needless character Mules so they can actually collect a full set of legendaries. Not to mention the fact that most smart players will have more than 4 weapons to cycle through(or might find a weapon they want for another character, they didnt even make allowances for this really). And since Claptraps stash is broken, it can and will eat weapons so its not really safe we cant really consider that storage(as its only 4 slots profile wide and has proven to be unreliable). The whole swapping weapons out for something better would work if we had the BL1 loot system where we could always find something we liked more or was statistically better than your current equipment but no, in BL2 I generally cant find something better unless its higher level. Once you hit 50 and get Legendaries at 50 the other loot just becomes meaningless because the Legendaries outclass the other weapons.

Wait i can loose the four things i have stored i better check to see if there still there the next time i play
---
sorry if anything is misspelled and thanks in advance
506912576090 trainer name Chris pokemon Pearl -http://www.webjam.com/pokemon_masters_union/--
#29SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/13/2013 10:08:27 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Panopictonguy posted...

There's no need they'll just patch bars and boundaries everywhere for the people that don't get it. And maybe enough people will be turned off by gearbox ruining all the fun stuff like duping, exploits & OP gear they'll have the niche audience they want for the 3rd game in the series.

Right! They should just remove weapon rarity altogether and take away added effects from all items, as well as an autosave that triggers every 10 seconds.

Their profits would skyrocket.
---
#30DarkstaPosted 1/13/2013 10:45:51 PM
I don't see a problem with it. Why keep every single gun in the game? That one poster is right. Most people probably only use one or two guns that's not on their person. Hording...just "incase" it's needed...eh, don't really see it. If you get to the point in a game where you get everything, beat everyone...why not just move on? Eh I guess you could make alts but it must get boring.

But what ever. People will say that it's their game etc. if it bothers them so much then they should edit it. Otherwise oh well.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.