How's this game aged?

#1gunsndrosesPosted 1/13/2013 7:38:23 AM
I was around pre-release, and got the game, of course, on release day. Played it for a solid month after, rocking a sniper Zer0 as my first character. Loved him.

That being said, the end-game got extremely dull after a bit. The level cap was considerably low, and I had little motivation to farm for legendaries because 1) it was boring, and 2) they would be obsolesced by a heightened level cap.

So, now that I want to get back into it; how's the DLC? I understand a new one comes out Tuesday. Any changes to the level cap? Any new legendaries added via DLC?

Thank you in advance!
#2davinthegreat98Posted 1/13/2013 8:29:28 AM
can someone please tell me why people think there is going to be a level cap raise? last thing i remember they said SPECIFICALLY: "we aren't going to raise the level cap, we're going to do it in a different way."
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#3killbot357Posted 1/13/2013 8:30:46 AM
davinthegreat98 posted...
can someone please tell me why people think there is going to be a level cap raise? last thing i remember they said SPECIFICALLY: "we aren't going to raise the level cap, we're going to do it in a different way."

Because filling bars, assigning points and collecting items is more important than enjoying a game.
---
Currently playing: Minecraft: FTB, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, Borderlands 2
#4MistaAtlasPosted 1/13/2013 8:31:30 AM
wrong, they are going to raise the level cap sometime Q1 2013.
---
GT:Wh0oIsJohnGalt
#5KaBoom1322Posted 1/13/2013 8:31:38 AM

To be honest i think lv 50 is high enough.After all you have hours of gameplay afterwards to kill raid bosses and farm legendaries.
#6demakaPosted 1/13/2013 8:50:48 AM

No clue where you heard that. The last article said they might not raise it with the next DLC, they might do it as a seperate free download. But there would be an increase.
#7Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/13/2013 9:00:33 AM
TC is a casual.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-5
#8dratsablivePosted 1/13/2013 9:55:31 AM
Asking this kind of question only 4 months after the game has been released is a little lame. Maybe 3 or 4 years after, but only months ?!?
---
Xbox Live and PSN dratsablive
#9gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 9:59:18 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
TC is a casual.

Ah Kapowski, how I have missed your cynical causticness.

Anyways, I know there will be a level increase because of the achievement. It says something along the lines of "50....for now." That, and I remember pitchford pre-release saying that they'd work on upping the level cap.

I suppose BL1 spoiled me. By this time (3rd DLC), the level cap would have been 61.
#10Robtcee13Posted 1/13/2013 10:04:22 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...

To be honest i think lv 50 is high enough.After all you have hours of gameplay afterwards to kill raid bosses and farm legendaries.

Which isn't about exploration or adventure. It's about saving, reloading, and shooting a big guy in the glowing weak spot and hoping to spot the orange glowy that falls out of him. Honestly, I really hate the philosophy of 'endgame' this game had compared to BL1. I never touched Crawmerax. Why? Because I always made new characters to get them to cap and played the DLC over and over. Sure, it got to the point that I just rushed past everything and sniped off heads like a pro, and it may have been just as repetitious. The thing is, there are two things that make games feel really good.
Number 1 is a sense of progression. Leveling does this well in a generic and easy bar-formatted sort of way... and really, it doesn't do much when all of the enemies are your level. But, it does help that the numbers increase. but, as WoW says, progression is not what makes the game.
Number 2 is adventure. You need to feel like you're physically going somewhere. Preferably, with context. Even if there's just a big boss at the end of a random dungeon that you farm over and over, it's still context. You're there for a reason, and it isn't just "Man, I hope THIS guy has the gun I want." WoW does this with raids (meaning the ones where you are actually in the dungeon). BL1 did this with the DLC areas really well. IMO, putting a boss in a cage and saying 'go nuts' plays only to progression, not to adventure. Yeah, the adventure's technically an inefficient waste of time, but so is gaming. It makes the game more fun.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?