How's this game aged?

#11gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 9:16:19 AM
Robtcee13 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...
davinthegreat98 posted...
can someone please tell me why people think there is going to be a level cap raise? last thing i remember they said SPECIFICALLY: "we aren't going to raise the level cap, we're going to do it in a different way."

To be honest i think lv 50 is high enough.After all you have hours of gameplay afterwards to kill raid bosses and farm legendaries.

Which isn't about exploration or adventure. It's about saving, reloading, and shooting a big guy in the glowing weak spot and hoping to spot the orange glowy that falls out of him. Honestly, I really hate the philosophy of 'endgame' this game had compared to BL1. I never touched Crawmerax. Why? Because I always made new characters to get them to cap and played the DLC over and over. Sure, it got to the point that I just rushed past everything and sniped off heads like a pro, and it may have been just as repetitious. The thing is, there are two things that make games feel really good.
Number 1 is a sense of progression. Leveling does this well in a generic and easy bar-formatted sort of way... and really, it doesn't do much when all of the enemies are your level. But, it does help that the numbers increase. but, as WoW says, progression is not what makes the game.
Number 2 is adventure. You need to feel like you're physically going somewhere. Preferably, with context. Even if there's just a big boss at the end of a random dungeon that you farm over and over, it's still context. You're there for a reason, and it isn't just "Man, I hope THIS guy has the gun I want." WoW does this with raids (meaning the ones where you are actually in the dungeon). BL1 did this with the DLC areas really well. IMO, putting a boss in a cage and saying 'go nuts' plays only to progression, not to adventure. Yeah, the adventure's technically an inefficient waste of time, but so is gaming. It makes the game more fun.

Pretty much this. I never found farming to be much of any fun. BL1 helped because farming bosses was nowhere near as necessary; you could actually find with a decent chance legendaries in chests, and it felt quite satisfying. Plus, there just seemed like a lot more motivation to play post-game in BL1.

I never understood why "killing boss, saving, reloading" is how farming takes place. Why do we have to quit our games and then reload just to do it? There should have been a better way; any way that doesn't require quitting your game and reloading.
#12ApexMjolnirPosted 1/13/2013 1:14:20 PM
If they raise the level cap AND add "True PLUS" I will re-buy this game.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#13St0ve1Posted 1/13/2013 1:15:54 PM
KaBoom1322 posted...
can someone please tell me why people think there is going to be a level cap raise? last thing i remember they said SPECIFICALLY: "we aren't going to raise the level cap, we're going to do it in a different way."

To be honest i think lv 50 is high enough.After all you have hours of gameplay afterwards to kill raid bosses and farm legendaries.

People get bored because they just dupe for the legendaries. Personally, i think 50 is high enough
#14Ammit5Posted 1/13/2013 1:26:54 PM
I wish Gearbox would introduce infinite playthroughs. I don't just want to have epic characters and gear, I want to play through an entire 2.5 difficulty campaign! But of course, this is a game innovation that has yet to exist.

*coughcoughdeadislandcough*
---
We are Anonymous... Because none of us are as cruel as all of us...
#15PanopictonguyPosted 1/13/2013 1:35:53 PM
Robtcee13 posted...
KaBoom1322 posted...

Which isn't about exploration or adventure. It's about saving, reloading, and shooting a big guy in the glowing weak spot and hoping to spot the orange glowy that falls out of him. Honestly, I really hate the philosophy of 'endgame' this game had compared to BL1. I never touched Crawmerax. Why? Because I always made new characters to get them to cap and played the DLC over and over. Sure, it got to the point that I just rushed past everything and sniped off heads like a pro, and it may have been just as repetitious. The thing is, there are two things that make games feel really good.
Number 1 is a sense of progression. Leveling does this well in a generic and easy bar-formatted sort of way... and really, it doesn't do much when all of the enemies are your level. But, it does help that the numbers increase. but, as WoW says, progression is not what makes the game.
Number 2 is adventure. You need to feel like you're physically going somewhere. Preferably, with context. Even if there's just a big boss at the end of a random dungeon that you farm over and over, it's still context. You're there for a reason, and it isn't just "Man, I hope THIS guy has the gun I want." WoW does this with raids (meaning the ones where you are actually in the dungeon). BL1 did this with the DLC areas really well. IMO, putting a boss in a cage and saying 'go nuts' plays only to progression, not to adventure. Yeah, the adventure's technically an inefficient waste of time, but so is gaming. It makes the game more fun.

Wrong game.

You want progression and adventure? That's literally what Elder Scrolls games are built on. This game is about hunting loot. And it's not about quit-load-repeat. Get to PT2.5 and kill every boss in the game and see how long it takes you. By the time you got halfway through a lot of bosses and enemies will have respawned.

Quit-load is essentially an exploit so people can quickly gather powerful weapons to use. Somehow people forgot what the game is actually about so now people believe It's suppose to revolve around using the most powerful weapons at all time.

End game the enemies are suppose to be equal to you and tough. That's what makes the loot hunt that much mote satisfying.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#16LaharPosted 1/13/2013 1:38:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17DocOdinePosted 1/13/2013 1:39:38 PM

Hit level 50, read your achievement, gain more intelligence than you currently have.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
#18Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/13/2013 1:47:16 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
TC is a casual.

Ah Kapowski, how I have missed your cynical causticness.

<3
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-5