the i need friends who blay bl2 topic!

#1six_sick_sixPosted 1/13/2013 9:01:49 AM
i live in the uk, typically play between about 8pm-1am, less on saterdays as the kiddies stay up late on a saterday, i am 29 so i am maturely immature :) i have only one friend that plays this game and he lives in am erica and is already level 50, i have a level 29 gaige character who is specced mostly to rely on deathtrap for soloing purposes however i would consider respeccing for multiplayer, also would be happy to start a new character for online, considering siren or gunzerker (i enhoyed soldier in BL1 but it seems slightly similar to mechro which i have nearly finished playthrough 1 on) i have both captain scarletts and mr. torgues.... dlc's (and obviously mechro)

why am i posting? my step son got me a 3 month gold subscription for christmas which i activated when i bought this game about a week ago but as i said earlier i only have 1 friend who plays it on xbox and the time difference makes it difficult and also he is already level 50 and to be honest i feel a slight bit intimidated as i feel i am still learning the ropes. i do have a headset and would be quite able to renew my live subscription in a few months time when it runs out, i am able to play off and on during the day time, from about 10-3 when my older step kids are at school but i also have a 11month old son who requires attention at certain times for feeding etc. all of them are usually in bed by 8-8.30 on week nights which is when i am free to play, my partner luckily doesnt mind but she doesnt like shoot em ups for co op play :( i would like to find some people who are able to play at similar times to me because i really enjoed BL1 co op wh ich i played on PC with some close friends and from what i've read up on legendary gear in BL2, solo farming the raid bosses may be quite difficult.

disclaimer: while i am fairly competant at FPS games, and have played MMO's so understand the fundamental basics of raid bosses, i have no experience in BL2 bosses specifically, i have completed captain scarletts dlc but havent started the mr torgue one yet, i am old enough to know how to take advice from people who probably know better than me in such things, but i am more than willing to learn and would like to broaden my BL2 experience, sorry for walls of text but i find looking for random games in most other games results in finding people who are either in different time zones (so regular play is difficult) or i end up finding kids who are nowhere near old eno ugh to play such games in the first place (and as i have 3 kids in the house already, i have no interest in spending my few hours of self-time in the evening with more kids, sorry)

GT is in sig, hopefully get some new gaming buddies as when my gold accoutn ran out a few years ago i never bothered renewing it until now
---
xbox live tag: Trooper Sicks
#2six_sick_six(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 9:04:19 AM
double post! i misspelled play in the topic title, daytime alcohol will do that to ya
---
#3danishjuggler21Posted 1/13/2013 9:07:15 AM
Drinking during the day? Isn't that what alcoholics do? Sounds like you're blaying with fire, blayer. I ain't blaying - you should blay it safe.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#4narf001Posted 1/13/2013 9:11:51 AM
Send me a friend request. I work a night shift position here in the U.S. and am normally home around 7 am my time which is Eastern Standard Time. I think I may be 5 hours behind you, so 7 am for me would be 12 noon for you. I am up for doing whatever you would like.
---
Hail
Gamertag-Danaochman
#5six_sick_six(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 9:12:15 AM
alcoholics drink whenever they can afford to, people who have little to no time without kids drink whenever the opportunity arises, seriously pro i aint blaying with ya
---
#6six_sick_six(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 9:19:01 AM(edited)
narf001 posted...
Send me a friend request. I work a night shift position here in the U.S. and am normally home around 7 am my time which is Eastern Standard Time. I think I may be 5 hours behind you, so 7 am for me would be 12 noon for you. I am up for doing whatever you would like.

will do later on, when i get back on the xbox (step son has it claimed for the rest of the evening) sounds like timing wouldnt be too bad in this case :)

forgot to mention on main quest im up to the point where you have to go to wildlife exploitation preserve

edit: also i have a level 10 assassin who i tried before mechro but found it considerably harder to solo with, and a <lvl5 maya who i started for mule purposes but can carry on for multiplayer efforts
---
#7danishjuggler21Posted 1/13/2013 9:18:09 AM
Are you complaining that spending time with your kids gets in the way of your drinking schedule? Wow. I feel sorry for your kids.
---
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#8six_sick_six(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 9:20:58 AM
danishjuggler21 posted...
Are you complaining that spending time with your kids gets in the way of your drinking schedule? Wow. I feel sorry for your kids.

not at all, i dont remember complaining at all, only stating the fact that on the rare occasion that the step kids father pulls his finger out of his ass to spend time with his own children that me and my partner take advantage of the rare 1-2 hours off to have a glass of wine or two and maybe dare to have a romantic meal together
---
#9SolidStryderPosted 1/13/2013 10:41:39 AM
six_sick_six posted...

not at all, i dont remember complaining at all, only stating the fact that on the rare occasion that the step kids father pulls his finger out of his ass to spend time with his own children that me and my partner take advantage of the rare 1-2 hours off to have a glass of wine or two and maybe dare to have a romantic meal together

Don't mine him, I bet he doesn't even lift bro.
#10danishjuggler21Posted 1/13/2013 11:38:15 AM
six_sick_six posted...

So, one of three things is going on here:

1. A "glass of wine or two" is enough to render you incapable of spelling the word "play", in which case you can't handle alcohol and should probably avoid drinking.

2. You can't spell the word "play" even when you're sober, in which case you're either stupid or illiterate.

3. You're throwing back shots like it's New Year's Eve in the middle of the day because you finally got a moment away from the kids, in which case you're both lying on the Internet about your drinking and probably are a miserable father.

Or you could just say, "Oops, I made a typo," and move on, instead of blaming it on alcohol in some vain hope that the entire message board will slap you on the back and congratulate you on your drinking like a bunch of frat boys.
---